3 door cars with a baby in a car seat?

ella

Reaction score
Just wondering do any of you have a 3 door car with the baby in the back seat in a rearward facing seat? and do you manage ok?

We put in the car seat last night which is the maxi cosi on the isofix base - I thought this would be the easiest to manage with three doors but it is actually a bit awkward - well DH is fine taking it in and out but I found it a bit hard - maybe I will get used to it though.

We really cant afford to change my car at the minute and DH has a work van but if I cant mange the seat we will have to change to a five door one :?

i find it easier with the 3 door than the 5 door. You are at more of an arkward angle with the 5 door. Once they are in the bigger seats it will be much easier and you will get used to it.

Men always make it look easier than it is :roll: , they like to make us look daft. :rotfl:

I have a 3 door car. Up until Xmas Jake was in the travel system seat which was really easy to use. Since then he has been in a 0+1 satge carseat. Its one where you can have them rear facing until they are strong enough to go in forward facing. Jake is still in it rearward facing. It itsnt difficult to get him in and out, but its not the easiest either. I have to climb in with Jake in my arms, sit on the back seat next to his seat and lift him into the seat, trying not to bang his head on the roof of the car. It is do-able but I cant wait for the day he can go in forward facing! It is the Britax SI First Class car seat we have :)

we have a 3 door, and i climb in to click the carseat into its base on the back seat (but I sit in the back with Tim, so I'd have to get in anyway!!), i find it much easier than the 5 door car the dealership leant to us...

I had a three door ka up until Keeley was a yr old and i hated it... Ka's aren't big cars anyways... but with my travel system and a car seat there was no room left in the car :lol:

I have a 5door ford focus now and its soo much better.

Thanks girls Im not as worried now - we have a corolla so its not too tiny so prob just a case of getting used to it - do you have the baby behind the driver or behind the passenger seat ??

we hav a huge 4 door car but both my parents hav 2 door cars and they often pick up me and millie in them. its a bit fiddley and u gotta be nimble! but do-able. :hug:

We had a 3door Punto and it was fine, also with a Maxi Cosi :) you will get the hang of it, they're easier with a baby in them anyway as they weigh them down :hug:

I have a 3 door car and won't beb changing car before the baby is born as I love my car

Baby will be going in the front as I can't have car seats in the back - apart from front facing ones.

I don't have anyone else to cart about though so I would rather the baby was in the front and if I am going anywhere with my mum or anyone else then baby will be in their car so I don't have to drive :lol:

I found with a 3 door i was getting so much Pain i put Dylan in the front ..now he is in forwards facong he is bqack in the back

ella said:
Thanks girls Im not as worried now - we have a corolla so its not too tiny so prob just a case of getting used to it - do you have the baby behind the driver or behind the passenger seat ??
ng the deat in the back.

We had a corolla and I got through using it but it was bloody akward getting the car seat in, in the end the carseat went in the front and i sat in the back.

Even with a forward facing seat its not easy - thats why we changed whn we knew we were expecting again.

I have a 3 door and hate it, I hate having to get in the car to put her in, My DF has a 5 door and it is bliss when we are using his!!!! Alot easier

I have a 3 door and its fine, depends on type of car. my friends 3 door fiesta is a nightnare getting the seat in and out, have to take her ou first. my getz has seats that move right forward so leave lots of room for getting in and out. you will get used to it, fitting a car seat is harder than the crystal maze!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back