Another rant...

twinkle90

Reaction score
Basically my OH mother is planninf a family trip to Florida in April 2014. My baby will only be 5 months old. I told her that im waiting til its older so it understands where it is and whats going on. Her response was basically itll be hassle to keep a 1/2yr old occupied and difficult to keep under control. Its better to take it when its sleeping etc. Who is she to tell me that i cant keep a child under control. And who is she to tell me when to take my child on holiday. Theres always negativity surrounding the baby from her!!! Always!!!
Another reason is because we simply cant afford it yet, because shes choosen the most expensive hotel and wont change it for the people who cant afford it. Another thing thats pissed me off is that shes happy to pay for her granddaughter to go but hasnt mentioned about paying for our baby. I feel shes being unfair to us!! Also her granddaughter is 3 yrs old, so why is it ok to take her but a problem to take ours when its 1/2/3 yrs old. Its like one thing for her precious granddaughter and another for her unborn granchild! And its not even here yet!!

Sorry for the rant, but shes really pissed me off the last few months and OH knows how i feel. Xxx

The joys of mother in laws eh?! I'm very lucky that I get on well with my OH's mum but having been on receiving end of in laws I didn't get on with in previous relationships I feel for ya!

I would be annoyed too, when you go on holiday it needs to be on your terms in a place you want to and can afford to stay in with a child who will enjoy every minute of the trip. I definitely want to take bubs to Florida one day as having been there I know how awesome it is but like you I would much rather take them when they are a bit older so they can appreciate disney world etc a lot more xx

Exactly. For me personally spending that kind of money on a baby who wont remember it or even appreciate it isnt my idea of fun. My OH had foind a cheap Inn that catered for kids, but because it wasnt her standards it wasnt good enough. We told her that we couldnt afford the expensive hotel. Basically she might as well said 'tough'. And so shes forking out cash for her 3 yr old granddaughter but hasnt mentioned helping our baby out. Thats anoyed me.
I mean we get on well and what not. But its like shes treating our baby different before its even here xxx

She sounds like a nightmare tbh! Thing she also needs to understand is if you go away knowing you can't afford it etc then you will find it harder to relax and enjoy it properly because you will stress about money and what you can spend when you are there etc too. Not my idea of fun and like you said bubs will be so small they won't remember any of it, would be a waste of money xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back