How did you announce your pregnancy?

scribbins

Reaction score
I am growing the first grandchild for both sets of prospective grandparents but don't plan on announcing for a few weeks yet. Just wondered how you all announced your pregnancies to family members. Me and OH are flitting between the 'ultrasound in a photo frame' idea, or iced pink and blue cupcakes at the moment. I amso excited and cannot wait for them to find out. I know my OH's mummy will be sooooooo overjoyed with tears.

Last edited:
there is no way we could have waited for the 12 week scan before telling our parents!! We just invited his up for a cuppa and told them then, and I told mine over the phone.

have got them little photo frames for a scan pic to go in though when we get it

They're lovely ideas :) I told my best friends face to face and then after an early scan last night we went to OH's parents and gave them the pics. Not as "YAY" as I was hoping for, they were actually quite funny: "Oh yes, now whats this? What am I looking at here?" Me: "Your grandchild" Them:"Oh right, how lovely, cup of tea?" :D

I think we'll tell close family after an early scan... Both sets of parents can hopefully have a scan piccie?

Problem is we both have big families!! I am one of 4 siblings, OH is one of 6... There is no way of telling everyone in one go in a personal way?

We're still quite a way from that point yet though - hope we get there!

xxxxxxxxxxx

They're lovely ideas :) I told my best friends face to face and then after an early scan last night we went to OH's parents and gave them the pics. Not as "YAY" as I was hoping for, they were actually quite funny: "Oh yes, now whats this? What am I looking at here?" Me: "Your grandchild" Them:"Oh right, how lovely, cup of tea?" :D

Ha ha, such a reserved British response!

Last edited:
Carnat, i worry that my family will leak it and i'll end up with everyone else knowing before I'm ready to tell them. Plus Facebook can be dangerous.

there is no way we could have waited for the 12 week scan before telling our parents!! We just invited his up for a cuppa and told them then, and I told mine over the phone.

I love how two of these replies involve having a nice cuppa tea!

we told our parents as soon as we found out as well as siblings of which there are only two between hubby and I - we then told close friends and thats it until 12 week scan when we have decided that the easiest way to announce it (after telling all family members) is to put it on facebook and then let everyone else find out when I start doing my impression of the incredible hulk bursting out me clothes lol xx

I love how two of these replies involve having a nice cuppa tea!

Got to love a good cup of tea scribbins! :lol: x

I just drove straight round to tell my mum on the same day as my BFP, I tell her everything and she would have guessed something was up! Plus she's had 4 kids and I needed to ask her a million questions :) I just came straight out with it in person, hadn't had time to think of any ideas or ways of announcing it. OH insisted we told his mum, dad and brother 2 days later, again just in person - I didn't want to tell them so early as his mums got a big mouth, but it was only fair if my mum knew and she does seem to have kept it quiet so far :) I have also told my close group of 6 girl friends, they were coming round for my birthday 2 weeks after BFP and I said 'girls I've got some news' and straightaway they all went 'omg you're pregnant aren't you!'

I love the idea of little cupcakes or a scan photo! We haven't told our nannas yet so I am looking for ideas to tell them. I'm 12 weeks the day before mothers day and I really wanted to put a scan picture in their mothers day cards but my scan isn't until 13+3 which has ruined that plan! So cupcakes might work the following week.

I'm most scared about telling work... Has anyone got any tips about that? I've only been with my current firm 8 months and I'm so worried they won't be very impressed! I know legally they can't say anything except congratulations (I work in law!) but I'm still scared! There has been talk of me moving to a different role in the summer which I really want to go for, and I'm worried that they will change their minds once they know (blaming it on something non-pregnancy related of course). Oh well, my baby is a million times more important than my job :)

I'm most scared about telling work... Has anyone got any tips about that? I've only been with my current firm 8 months and I'm so worried they won't be very impressed! I know legally they can't say anything except congratulations (I work in law!) but I'm still scared! There has been talk of me moving to a different role in the summer which I really want to go for, and I'm worried that they will change their minds once they know (blaming it on something non-pregnancy related of course). Oh well, my baby is a million times more important than my job :)

I'm in a similar boat I think, have been with firm since last April and have been told I am on the verge of being promoted - but don't know when this will occur! Unless it becomes really obvious (bump-wise), I am intending to hang on until this happens and then add a couple of weeks grace. Just hope it happens soon!

p.s. the cupcake idea is so adorable!

By chance, I happen to be visiting my parents over the weekend of Mother's Day, so I may tell my parents then, even tho it'll only be 7 weeks.

xx

when i told my nan and grandad i just gave them the envelope with scan pics, and they were like whos baby lol xxx

ams25

Im sure your work will take it well and not hold it against you moving on to a different role

I joked when I was off after ma finger op that wouldnt it be funny if I went back to work then a few weeks later I told them I was pregnant and thats exactly what happened lol xx

We aren't telling ours til 12weeks so not to tempt fait, I look forward to telling my oh family but dread telling my own!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back