Such a broody geek

AugustMum

Reaction score
I'm so broody lately (although no plans for ttc at the moment at all!) and I'm finding myself sitting and planning what I'd do differently next time :blush:

With Paige I sent out announcement cards with her name, weight etc on and made sure all the family got one before I put details on facebook. I've decided next time I won't be finding out if it's a girl or boy and won't be announcing on Facebook for a week or so whether it's a boy or girl or any photos at first. Maybe just the feet to keep people in suspense. I also don't want to leave the house for a week! I was out visiting people after 4 days (even though I had a section) and I was shattered.

I've got loads of things I'd do differently. Anyone else as sad as me and plan things that would be different for the next one?!

Next one I also don't want to find out :)
I want to make the most of my pregnancy and try to enjoy it as well.

Oh and I want to take weekly bump pictures!

I loved being team yellow!!!! Found out with both my girls and it made it all drag.. The only thing I'd do differently is choose a girls name as well as a boys name!! Hated the pressure of naming her.. Didn't even try and think of a girls name I was sure she was a boy!!

I also loved being team yellow. Sooo exciting! Def not finding out with the next either. um...differently? Well, this time I text all my friends when he was born, and was totally livid that one of them put a status update on Facebook saying she was so happy for me (tagged my name) on the birth of Arthur blah blah (full
Name) I was SO annoyed!!

I wanted to
Announce it on Facebook the next day. Still
Annoys me... Grrrrr

We will be keeping all names between us until baby arrives. I will throw a few old names we thought of for h to shut people up. I will also be getting more pics of baby with family as I don't have as many as I'd like with h!

Oh and I want to take weekly bump pictures!

I did that, it's like a flip book of my bump lol

I keep thinking I won't find out boy or girl next time but I'm not sure, think we'll definitely keep the name a secret though as felt this time there wasn't really much to announce iykwim

That's what I felt, like there wasn't much to announce but that's why I kept the name a secret so at least there was something.

I took weekly pictures from 12 weeks pretty much but next time is quite like daily pictures lol! Then make a little film type thing. That'd be well funky!

I kind of wish I'd stayed team yellow with Paige but I was just so excited! OH wasn't fussed either way but I think he kind of wanted to stay team yellow. I'd love him to be the one to tell me if it was a boy or girl.

Oh I want next year to hurry up now!!!

Id try not to go early lol, miss my bump! Hopefully I might get my home birth then! I did the weekly photos not turned them into a flip book yet never enough time! Next time my OH wants to find out the sex but i think it spoils it so i can see that will cause arguments. The Facebook thing must have been so annoying i didn't even announce my pregnancy on there so there was a few surprised people when i put his pic up!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yeah next time Id try get baby out before 42 weeks pregnant! Id love to know what it's like to be at home and have contractions. Must be so much more relaxed.

I also loved being team yellow. Sooo exciting! Def not finding out with the next either. um...differently? Well, this time I text all my friends when he was born, and was totally livid that one of them put a status update on Facebook saying she was so happy for me (tagged my name) on the birth of Arthur blah blah (full
Name) I was SO annoyed!!

That must have been SO ANNOYING!!! I'd hate that!! Talk about steal ur thunder!!

That's awful. A friend asked for a picture so I sent her one and she went and put it on Facebook!! So I got her to delete it. Didn't ask my permission.

I would of been so angry. I made a point of making sure no one put anything on before me and only sent a hard copy of photos to people until I chose to 'release' her photos. I'm a bit controlling like that :blush:

I'm controlling like that too lol! God I would go nuts if someone put a pic of my baby on fb without permission!

wow, if a friend of mine done that i would be furious!!!

i'm another one who will keep the name secret, everyone couldn't wait to tell me how much they disliked my preferred name this time round and actually put my OH off it :roll: xx

I made sure it said in the texts we sent not to put things on Facebook as I had a couple of friends who were told straight away but we still have family we wanted to email a photo of before.

My first 'bump' photo is of the positive pregnancy test at 2 weeks and weekly bump photos upto 41 weeks then her first photo after birth. I've made Grace up an album of firsts for when she's older. Will have to do the same for anymore though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back