angry! (sorry long post)

xnicolaxcx

Reaction score
i had a membrane sweep the other day and ever sinse my baby has been going mad....like hes in distress.

anyway being a first time mum i panicked...so i phoned the hospital for advice and to see if it was normal. the lady i spoke to on the phone asked me to go in so baby could be monitored.

i went in and firstly there was nowhere to put me so they shoved me in a little family waiting room for over an hour! (but i didnt moan i just got on with it as i knew i wasnt a prioroty)

then when i finally got put somwhere noone seemed to know why i had come in. then when they found out the student midwife was laughing saying you do realise its when the baby stops moving you need to worry....not when it actually is...and rolled her eyes!?

then she was feeling my belly and really hurting me like she just didnt care. saying she couldnt feel my baby and to stop tensing (natural reflex when someones digging there fingers hard into you) tbh im suprised im not coverd in bruises. :(

i wasnt asked if i minded being treated by a student plus she wasnt assisted it was just me and her. it says in my notes when im in labour i prefer not to be treated by students due to a bad experience. i thought that cus i wasnt in labour that i didnt have a choice cus i only put "during my labour" and thought that everyone else might have been busy. so i kept quiet. -im not one for complaining

she made me feel so stupid like i was wasting there time and it really upset me.

now im panicking when i have my baby im not going to be looked after properly or anything :( :( :(

Aw hun have some of these :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think you could have asked for a proper midwife and not a student, the main thing to remember is you got checked, hope all was ok. Maybe it was just too busy like you said.

:hug:

Sounds like a bad experience & im sure when your in labour it wont be like that, as you said they probably had more urgent cases that needed the MWs attention therefore you ended up with a student.

Have these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Think about making a complaint. I was treated badly in the last week of pregnancy so we made a formal complaint and they couldnt do enough for me after then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back