had my midwife app 2day

jayla's mummy

Reaction score
hey ladies , i had my midwife appointment today. i wasnt really feeling up to it because i was really tried this morning.
anyway, when i got there my midwife told me i had to take blood to check for iron and glucose - she then lefted the room and this student midwife toke my blood except the stupied women missed my vein.....
when that wasnt good enough she then dragged the needle out of my arm :evil:
i screamed because it hurt so much - i could of hit her ( but im a nice young ladies :think: )
after she said that she had to do it again because she missed the vein I SAID NO!!! no way was she coming next to me again.
so my proper midwife toke my blood in my other arm - so now i have plasters on both my arms. aaarrrggghhhhh

i told them that i think i still have thrush and they gave me another tablet ( taking tonight). so hopefully that will clear up.

my midwife then felt for baby and he/she is in the head down postion - :cheer: baby is getting ready to come out. i listened to babys heartbeat and everything is ok.

so after my tramatic experience everything was ok.
sorry if long ladies
:hug: :hug:
xnatx

Sorry to hear of the painful blood test, but glad bubs is well and head down already woo hoo thats good....
Don't apologise for your post, thats what we're all here for!! :D

Grr sounds painful mama2b. i hate having blood taken too, who dont though lol

Glad it was all positive (apart from the blood taking of course). :)

:hug:

Commiserations to you on the blood taking - I had exactly the same thing yesterday when the midwife tried to take mine - I'm black and blue with the bruises she's left me with :(

I had it too, they tried 3 times and then had to get an anesthetist down with a syringe to take bloods :(

I feel your pain lovie i really do :hug:

awww well you were good to let the student attmempt to take blood in the first place, I would have refused- I hate having blood taken :(

Glad your appt went well, apart from the blood taking part. :hug:

I had the doctor do one of my blood tests and though my midwife has been ok about them and gets it that i think blood tests are gross, the doctor made me hold the needle down while he went to fetch a plaster. He was like oh can you just hold this here and i thought he meant cotton wool, but it was cotton wool AND he'd left the needle in :puke:

thank you ladies
leckershell that is truely gross :puke: they shouldnt be allowed to do that :evil:
xnatx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back