d and c and blighted ovum?

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
i feel really positive atm, I know things couldnt have worked out and what not but worried about how I will feel after the d and c. its so final...

Did you girls feel low?

Also did u feel odd finding out it was a blighted ovum?

Blighted ovum is just an early missed m/c- it's a misnomer really. There is a possible embryo but it doesn't grow a lot and can be absorbed back in a little bit.

I had d + c's, had 2 now.

They can leave you feeling knackered, and it's nerve-wracking waiting on the ward for the op.

About a few days or a week after the op, you will probably start feeling knackered! Give yourself time to recoup this time

:hug:

Hi Sharne,

I had a D&C for a missed miscarriage about 2 years ago now. When is yours? I found mine quite easy to deal with to be honest, it was hard when I originally went for my scan and was told there was nothing there. I was given another appointment for a scan 2 weeks later if I hadn't passed anything, and I didn't so when I went back they re-scanned and booked me in for the op for a week later. When it came to it I wasn't scared because in the previous 3 weeks I had come to terms with what was going on. I felt no pain when I came round and didn't bleed afterwards either. I had the support of my friend because my bloke at the time had left me after I found out about the pregnancy.
I did feel low afterwards because of all that I'd been though. But everyone is different. As Katy said give yourself plenty of time to rest, cause it can be quite physically and mentally draining.
It was odd finding out there was nothing there the whole time and upsetting, I felt cheated. But also relieved that there was no baby that had to suffer. I hope it goes well for you, let us know how you are getting on afterwards :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back