and so the saga continues.....

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
well as you know i was promised by my doctor that a midwife would fone me lastnight or tonight to arrange getting one and a scan sorted and guess what one hasnt foned
hubby rang the doctors but the doctor who was dealing with it wasnt in today he explained what was wrong to the lady on the front desk and she very kindly gave him the midwifes number (why they couldnt of just given this to me anyways i dont no)
so he rang it and guess what the stupid thick conpletly useless doctor hadnt even foned them up i am so angry i am going to change doctors i think im fed up with them not being able to do a simple thing
anyways the midwife turned round and said to hubby "yer well we are busy we might get back to you this week or it might be next week" :shock: :shock:
oh dear god it just gets worse and worse just going to see how much money we get friday and il be going private as they are open on a sat £75 but get loads for the moneys
manda xx

Sorry to hear you are having such a crap time. Are you going to go and have a private scan or try and find a private midwife?

Its such a shame you have to pay for a scan just to check your babys health :(

just for this scan at the moment but me and hubby have been looking into private midwifes aswell as i want a homebirth. we are due £5000 inheritance from a family friend who sadly passed away last week so it will be well spent
manda xx

I don't blame you for going private either, but the point is you shouldn't have had to. The doctor or midwife should have got their finger out and made sure you had an early scan :hug:

it is a shame i have to do it but im fed up with never knowing anything have told hubby if worst thing has happened i will take them to court for tramua or something. hubby is happy to pay out if we really need it just means a few less things for us
manda xx

We looked into going private too in the early days but for the fee that they charge, the support and care wasn't going to be much better for us as the only MW we could see that was close to us was about 2 hours away. :(

aww ive found a midwife that lives 10 mins drive from me so its not a problem and as i want a home-birth i just dont want to have to go into hospital because there isnt a midwife or 2 avalible to deliver my baby at my house. plus at my doctors you see your midwife twice before you give birth and private ones you see loads and as its my first id like the extra surport
i think its the better option for me in the long run the women by me charges £2,850 so its not to bad really as some others wanted nearly £4000 :shock:
manda xx

That's really bad! You must be feeling especially anxious after the last pregnancy, I think going private is a good idea too. You really need to put your mind at rest and the way yuo're being treated is really cr*p, you must be feeling so stressed which can't be good for the baby :hug:

The way you've been treated has been awful :x If I were you I'd make a complaint in writing, they might take more notice of that.
I hope you get your scan soon, it's a shame if you have to pay for something everyone else gets free :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back