For goodness sake!

star fish

Reaction score
Just a rant about doctors. I moved from my wonderful doctors that was on the other side of town to one just at the end of the road. I did this against my better judgement because i thought it would make more sense to be near the doctors in my condition!

I've just rung them and asked for a first appointment. She asked what it was about and i said i was pregnant and had yet to see a doctor. They told me I had to see a midwife and gave me the number of a clinic two miles away! I rang them and she said the midwife was back in on Thursday and would arrange my appointment then. I pointed out that it was xmas eve on Friday and i wanted to see someone before christmas.

So i have to walk 2 miles in the snow to see a midwife despite their being a doctor at the end of the road and they cant see me for ages! Am i wrong to be really fecked off by this?

Aww hun. I have to walk quite far to get to my midwife clinic too, but she is so lovely I'm over being angry about it. Maybe see if there's an alternative venue?

xx

I've not seen a doctor, was told by receptionist at doctors that it was pointless as the don't actually confirm pregnancy or anything. I booked in with the midwife and she was great, was a 1 hour appointment, worked out due date, started my pregnancy notes, talked about tests, food etc and booked my 12 week scan.

It will be worth the walk :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The midwife phoned today, she said they would see me on 24th January! Not before. I said i wanted to see someone before christmas. She was kind of assertive with me. I didnt like it!

I want to go back to my old doctors Whhhah :brat:

you wont see anyone until you are about 10 weeks as the appointments before are pretty pointless tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back