anal Fissure..

charlotteheys85

Reaction score
sorry for TMI but everytime i go loo it hurts soooo much i cry, and i bleed. it was same pre pregnancy now worse.. ruled out piles, yrs ago i went docs and she said i had anal fissure, and it shud heal, obveously hasnt, anyone else had this and success in it healing, i 'm in agony, constipated (trying to sort that out) i'm scared of goin to loo that much i'm avoiding eating solids :( xxx

:hug: :hug: :hug: I sympathies!!! I still cant go to the toilet with out panicking! I hate it, it just reminds me so much lol! I also bleed mainly because I put off going for as long as possible :hug: It has got better though and as I start feeling better about it the less painfull it seems. :hug: The worst thing though was being on iron tablets too that really messed things up!xx

i have steroid cream from the doctors hun and it is fantastic

Hey, get to the doctors and get some suppositories, sound awful but they are fab!! I really suffered after having Ruby and was on the loo for an hour trying to go and for the fissures not to reopen :shock: bloody painful :hug: they work wonders and havent had any problems since x

thanks for reply, i will mention at 6week check up and get some treatment, xxx

I had one very recently for weeks and weeks and weeks. I went to the dr twice. I actually had it from when Luke was about 2 weeks old up until a few weeks ago. It was awful. I was prescribed Lidocaine and some other stuff but it did nothing. The Lidocaine was to numb the area before I went to the loo but you had to do it about half hour before and obviously that's not always possible! :wall:

Anyway, I started eating Ready Brek every morning and you know what... it got better so quickly. I recommend giving that a go! It's certainly worth a try! Drink lots of water or OJ too! xxx

DebbieM said:
I had one very recently for weeks and weeks and weeks. I went to the dr twice. I actually had it from when Luke was about 4 weeks old up until a few weeks ago. It was awful. I was prescribed Lidocaine and some other stuff but it did nothing. The Lidocaine was to numb the area before I went to the loo but you had to do it about half hour before and obviously that's not always possible! :wall:

Anyway, I started eating Ready Brek every morning and you know what... it got better so quickly. I recommend giving that a go! It's certainly worth a try! Drink lots of water or OJ too! xxx

thank you hun goin to buy some ready brek tommorrow :) i've had it about 4 and half yrs now:( i am too ebarrest to mention to doctor.. xx

It is embarrassing hun, I know, but I got to the point where I was taking around 40 mins to go to the loo and it was interfering with family life. I had to rush home and dump Luke on Matt and he'd be unable to work for however long I took in the bathroom. I'd actually sweat just trying to go because I had to psych myself up and have hot water prepared for the pain afterwards.

I've suffered on and off since I was 17 but I was limited this time around due to breastfeeding.

Are you breastfeeding? If not, you can get a GTN cream which is BRILLIANT!!!! I thoroughly recommend that too but you will have to see your Dr. When I used that, it cleared within a couple of days. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ah, yeah you are breastfeeding... you won't be able to have the GTN cream then. I was prescribed it even though I am BFing (when Luke was about 2 weeks old) but I refused to use it. It was untested and I wasn't chancing it. It gives really bad headaches and I thought that if it did that to me then it wouldn't be good for him :(

Ive had one for years. It heals then comes back, usually when I havent been eating enough fibre. Do as Debbie says - thats great advice....advice I should follow too :lol:

i have one too since having aiden and being on iron etc, it's really painful :( i have the anaethetic gel too..

You feel so alone when you have something like this because it's not something you drop into conversation. Its always a comfort to know you're not the only one... Don't you think? :) xxx

DebbieM said:
You feel so alone when you have something like this because it's not something you drop into conversation. Its always a comfort to know you're not the only one... Don't you think? :) xxx

defo, can't believe how many people have them :lol:

Great isn't it!! LOL ;) just kidding. I wouldn't wish it on anyone its so painful. Its like trying to pass glass IMO :(

i cant believe how many pple have them i honestly thought it was only me lol..

hurts sooo much, as we all know!!

i'm b/feeding but will try ready brek for bit, and if it doesnt go, when lil one dopesnt need boobie anymore, i'll do docs...

until then i hope it eases.. its so much worse after pregnancy..

sorry for TMI i also have a lil skin tag there, any suggestions how i cud get rid of this, i dont like it.. xx

Hun, don't wait til LO stops feeding if it is really bad :( it gets you down so badly after a while.

Mine was making me thoroughly miserable. Dr might be able to give you an alternative. Another thing to try are Anusol suppositories. Safe when breastfeeding and they do help too xxxx

As for the tag, I wouldn't worry. They seem to go hand in hand but only way to remove is surgically.... Ouch.

I think i might have one too i bleed all the time when i poo bright red blood, have done for yrs but never been docs too embarrassed it's soooo painful :( how do you know if its that or piles?

keli said:
I think i might have one too i bleed all the time when i poo bright red blood, have done for yrs but never been docs too embarrassed it's soooo painful :( how do you know if its that or piles?

piles i think generally you'd be able to see, where as fissure its inside a tear.. i have 2 :(

xx

charlotteheys85 said:
keli said:

piles i think generally you'd be able to see, where as fissure its inside a tear.. i have 2 :(

xx

:( I think i might have both! Big hugs.. lets hope our bums heal soon xx

keli said:
charlotteheys85 said:
keli said:

xx

:( I think i might have both! Big hugs.. lets hope our bums heal soon xx

you too, horrible things we have to go thru.. xx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111