Little bit anaemic

Eveadel

Reaction score
Hope that is how you spell it. The nurse from my doctors surgery called to say that Im a little bit anaemic and need to take iron tablets. What iron tablets do you take? I remember someone saying about iron liquid or something similar which isnt as bad???

If you go the chemist hun you can ask for iron tablets, but you might need to get something to help you 'go' (if you know what I mean) as they can make you constipated! :oops:

The ones I had were 'Ferrous Sulphate 200mg tablets' which (according the the label on the back) is equvilant to 65mg of ferrous iron. 28 tablets for £1.10.

Hope you feel better soon hun! Eats lots of iron containing foods too :)

Thanks Sami.

Ive just spoken to my cousin and she took Spatone when she was advised to take iron tablets, she said that it was so much better than the tablets, she also advised having spinach leaves in sandwiches!!!

Hiya,

I took Fersaday Fumarate tablets 322mg. I stopped taking them in the end because they were making me even more contispated & when I did go it was so solid that I had horrendous piles :oops:

Mine were on prescription from my doc. so with my Maternity exemption card didn't have to pay for them.

Nicki.x :D

I was told the same by my midwife at 30wks so she arranged for me to get ferrous sulphate tables 200mg (3times a day) free on prescription so have a word with your midwife (I've been on them 4 weeks now and apart from black p**s I've been ok)

I did get a prescription which would be free but Ive bought the Spatone instead as it is natural and not produced artificially. Hopefully I wont be pooing bricks with it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back