Amazing delivery!

ruthiestar

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have stopped myself from watching any labour films so far, but got a bit brave just a moment ago (yes, im a wuss!!) I found this amazing waterbirth on youtube...Don't worry there is no screaming, nothing unpleasant, but this woman is amazing!!! Watch as the baby comes out and what she does, im still in shock!! I really wanted someone else to see it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h8AFfMfWVE&feature=related

omg that made me cry!! i havent watched any other births because im absolutely terrified but she dealt with it so well and after it was born she just lifted it up to cuddle!! wow x

It made me cry too! I loved the way she was so in control of everything going on. I hope I can be that strong when it's my turn! lol

Wow! That made me cry aswell... i have never watched anything on waterbirths either, i wouldn't consider it for my first child but after watching that i would definitely consider if/ when i have another one day.

Can't stop searching for more vids now! xxx

Wow! That made me cry aswell... i have never watched anything on waterbirths either, i wouldn't consider it for my first child but after watching that i would definitely consider if/ when i have another one day.

Can't stop searching for more vids now! xxx

I'd never considered waterbirths either, like you, maybe with the 2nd one? :)

I found it very uplifting, and ive been searching for loads too!! x

wow how amazing, that is how i want to be in labour - calm and in control.
i never thought any one would have a photographer in the room too

fab, I hope I have enough self-control to keep it together like she did :)

this is so so incredible, I would love to be half as calm as her when bub arrives X

That makes me feel weird :eh:
I can't imagine I'll be like that though. I was my best friends birth partner and she was really calm to, but she ended up having a section

x

Lovely video! :love: I used the birthing pool and i would really recommend it girls also the room is much bigger than a normal delivery room (in the hosp i was at anyway) it's so relaxing and such a natural pain relief, i think it's because of the pool that i only used gas and air. I never gave birth in the pool but hope to next time. One born every minute was on when i was pregnant and i watched every single one and my birth was nothing like what that channel 4 showed! xxx

I watched loads of clips like that when I was pregnant. I think its important to realise that labour can be a positive experience, we get a bit brainwashed about how awful it is, and then we all end up petrified of it, which just makes the whole thing worse. I encourage everyone I know who's pregnant to watch lots of childbirth clips. I learned very quickly that the ones with low intervention (often cos theyre in the water) are soooo much nicer. The scary ones are the ones which look very medical.

I remember at my ante natal class the lady did a demo of how many people are in the room and why if say you need a c-section suddenly, i thought this was really good as it prepares you in a way if that ever did happen and so it's not so shocking to see a huge amount of people. I watched loads of clips too i think a mixture of good and scary is good to prepare you, but then nothing can really as everyone is different!

I think its just knowing that it doesnt have to be hideous, people love to tell labour horror stories or advise you to "take all the drugs" and its very scary for pregnant women whove never been through it. Some people dont need the drugs and dont need lots of intervention. Positive attitude is so important, cos if you think it will be awful, your fear will just make it worse. my fav quote;

"whether you think you can, or you think you cant, youre nearly always right!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back