Am i?

Anon4

Reaction score
OKay - So Im not trying for a baby (Yet lol)
I havent missed a pill either.. and I have no classic signs of pregnancy (not that I would know - as Ive never been pregnant)
I missed a period last month and as my periods are irregular, I think I am 10 days late.
Its not possible to get pregnant on the pill is it?
Ive ordered some pregnancy tests online, so Im just waiting for them to arrive, as this is obiviously the obivious answer ... Just need someone to help
keep me sane!

Thank you.

totally possible to get pregnant on the pill, why didnt u just buy a test from the shopr,cheaper and quicker?

Yeah, I know but Ive not got no time... working etc. I bought my test on ebay lol. so it was VERY cheap :p
Theres no sign of my period what so ever... no cramps etc.. and no classic signs of pregnancy symptons. Nothing.
The last time I had a period was 26th of March (start date) with a 28 day cycle.. (most of the time) I could be 5weeks pregnant, BUT surely theyd be signs by now if there was, right?

not really,i founf on 29th april i was pregnant,i dont know when my last period was im guessing 22nd march. ive no symptoms either, the only reason i tested was i had a spot ofblood then nothing else

Congratulations! :)
Umm.. I dont even have a spot of blood.
So it is definitely possible to get pregnant on the pill? - then what is the point of even taking the pill! haha!

i know lol,ive known a few people to be on it but if one is missed or taken at the wong time it takes a week before they start to work again.

apart from the coil and arm inplant no contraception is 100 percent.

i would say though that maybe you need to look at changing the pill or form of contraception as i noticed there are a few threads where you are unsure if you are expecting so maybe they arent right for you.

cant remember which pill i was on but when i was 16 i had one and it sent my periods all over the place,the once i went 6 months with a period

Those threads were the ones where I had actually missed a pill.. so was stressed and over thinking! haha!Hence why my period was late those times. This time its different.
I dont think I am going to change my pill because I suffer with anxiety and the pill that I am on keeps it down (Cerazette)
My partner and I have decided to start trying for a baby next year, so I guess If and when i get pregnant next year - after the baby is born, I will change my contraception!
See how it goes I guess.
Thanks for your advice. I shall test, when the test arrives if AF hasnt arrived before then! :)

Didn't your doc not tell you its normal not to get a period on cerazette? I think about 70% women taking cerazette stop having periods or only get spotting occasionally because it stops you ovulating and with only progesterone in it, it keeps the lining nice and thin? Hope that helps! Unless you missed a pill, its really unlikely you are pg.

PS whoever gave you that pill should have told you this!

I was on cerazette for 6 years and never ever had a bleed...I was told it's completely normal and a lot of women don't bleed when on it so maybe that's what's happening?

But then again, you do hear of women who get pregnant on the pill - I know with cerazette you have a few hour window to take it, and that if you miss it or are late then it is possible to get pregnant. The doctor told me that within 48 hours of stopping taking it it would be 100% out of my system.

I guess the only way to know is to test!! :)

I took my cerazette religiously, never missed it, wasn't sick etc. And I'm 26wks pregnant. Its only 98% effective as my gp said I was on it for 4years for every 100times you Dtd it fails twice. Nothings 100% apart from not dtd!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Pill are not 100% secure. I have many friend that got pregnant even with years of treatment. I think you should by a test or go straight to your doctor to have a blood test to be sure.

Didn't your doc not tell you its normal not to get a period on cerazette? I think about 70% women taking cerazette stop having periods or only get spotting occasionally because it stops you ovulating and with only progesterone in it, it keeps the lining nice and thin? Hope that helps! Unless you missed a pill, its really unlikely you are pg.

PS whoever gave you that pill should have told you this!

Hey, Flisstebbs.

Thank you for your message.
Of course I was told that some woman dont get periods etc..
However, I very rarely miss my periods and this one is strange.
Im 11days late now.. I know for a fact that I still ovulate so it wouldnt
impossible if I were pregnant.

Reading from what the other girls wrote below you, Its definitely not impossible and one of them even got pregnant on the Cerazette pill... so I guess I cant rule it out.
I have bought a pregnancy test, so I will take that tomorrow.

Thank you. :)

I got pregnant on the pill x not the same one your on though x

let us know how you get on xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111