Am I the only one

Emma58

Reaction score
Who hasn't checked up there?

After reading Manda's thread about thinking she may already be dilated it got me wondering. I haven't done any 'self investigation' and the thought of it makes me cringe - I'm really squeamish. My OH has passed a few comments lately that things feel different up there.

Do everybody else regularly check am I the only one who doesn't :think:

I haven't checked up there since very early pregnancy! Far too scared in case I do damage. Unlikely I know but I'd rather not go there! :talkhand:
I'd happily check my cervix several times a day when ttc, but not now.

Even my OH seems to be avoiding my lady bits. I think he's scared of damaging something too. I think all the talk of plugs put him off. Perhaps I shouldn't have shown him the pic of the plug on the side of the sink that was on here a while ago :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl:
My OH has not been near me since he saw the big blob of something that came out on Sunday night - It serves him right for not giving me one minutes peace even when I go for a wee!!

I havent self investigated either! Too scared! I havent let my OH near me in weeks! I think hes looking forward to the bit when we try and get things going!! Ive told him lots of sex is supposed to work!

I never tried anything like that, I thought I'd do damage so I left it well alone...

I'm a bit scared I'll do some damage or feel something that freaks me out.

My theory is that if they say it's okay to have sex and his instrument is allowed to prod around up there then a little gentle investigation with very clean hands can't hurt. Go for it it's facinating!

I don't think I would be able to reach and I draw the line at OH having a fumble! The thought of him doing my perineal massage is enough :oops:

i rem checking cervix when ttc for changes in it. but not since being pregnancy. m/w check it at 35 wks and it had not made any changes to suggest pre labour. i wouldnt know what to feel for anyway.
though i am getting nasty shocking pains down below today

marie x

i wouldnt do it myself lol dont even think my diddy arm would reach!!!
dont mind hubby doing it if hes carefull
manda xx

I'm so glad it isn't just me who's not having a rummage up there :lol:

I've tried investigating in the last week but to be honest, I have no idea what things should feel like :oops: There seem to be all sorts of odd shapes that just aren't in the pregnancy diagrams. Am I all weird inside? :oops:

I was told years ago when I had a smear that I have a high cervix. I don't know if that changes over time or not so I'd perhaps not be able to reach anyway? I'd not have a clue what I was looking for!

I googled it!

Changes in your cervix
You can also note the different stages of your cycle by feeling your cervix. To feel the changes in your cervix, insert one or two fingers deep into your vagina until you can touch what feels like the tip of your nose. This is your cervix. You may be able to feel an indent or dimple in your cervix. This is the opening to your uterus – called the os.

If you want to feel your cervix, first wash and dry your hands. Then gently insert one of your fingers in your vagina (usually the middle one is the best because it is the longest), and slowly move it upwards and slightly backwards (towards your backbone). You may need to insert your entire finger (depending on the time of your cycle), until you come to a smooth lump or bump. This is your cervix. It will usually feel similar to the tip of your nose. In the middle of the lump will be the opening to the womb. This may feel like a small dimple, or an opening large enough to surround your fingertip.

;)

I've not had anything up there since conception :rotfl:

But I think I'm an exceptional case!

when I first found out I was pregnant mine was very low and soft for the first couple weeks. I was really worried I was gonna miscarry. Glad it managed to tunnel it's way back up there :)

When I was ttc it felt either like a nose, or a pair of lips and even at it's highest point I could normally reach it ok.

Everything feels more swollen in there now. There's a lot more cushioning. I guess it must be the increased blood flow.

Euwwww just reading it made my toes curl :shock:

i think it's the words Uterus and Cervix :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back