Am I Pregnant??? What do you guys think??

Amy2330

Reaction score
Hi Guys. This is my situation!! Im age 26 and my last menstrual cycle started on the 18th of June and I havnt got one since!! I've never missed a period in the past and my cycle runs like clockwork 28-30 days in length!! Between the18th of June and the 15th of July (when my period was due) my partner and i would have had intercourse on a number of occasions and our contraception method is the withdrawal method, we did have a bit of a mishap on one of these occasions.. (We were not trying to conceive) I took a test on the 18th and 21st of July both returned negative. I attended my gp yesterday who also took a urine sample (stating the tests she uses are not reliable) that too came back negative. She basically told me to give it a few more weeks then come back and she would take a blood test. So here's where I am at the moment, im yawning constantly, my appetite is huge one minute and non existent the next!! I have this unusual heavy and full feeling in my lower adomen!! And at times a short shooting pain that radiates down my lady bits (only lasts a few seconds) :). My stomach feels hard and is extremely bloated, im peeing on the hour, ive had a break out of spots and my breasts are beginning to be a little tender at the sides (the latter two i usually experience before a period) this morning i had a bout of nausea only lasted a few minutes, and I just feel different!! I've read stories about women who don't test positive with urine tests until 8-12 weeks, basically im just wondering what you guys think....im terribly impatient and hate waiting!!

You'll just have to wait I'm afraid!!! Just test every 3-4 days until you either get a positive or your period comes xx

Unfortunately preg symptoms are sometimes very similar to af so there is no real way of telling with symptom spotting. It is very frustrating but there is not much you can do other than wait a few days and test again. Hope you get the result you want x

I would say given how overdue you are and the neg results you've had I say unlikely. I completely understand your frustration but the only thing to do is wait and see. Try and fine something to take your mind off it. Feel for you, good luck x

Noone can tell u huni , unfortunatly you'll have to wait to test and find out xxx

Thanks everyone. I think I am just playing the waiting game for AF. I did an Early Response Preg Test this morning and it the latest in a long line of negatives. I am disappointed but not overly so as we will try again as soon as AF appears. I was 7weeks along and had my 'main' bleeding,which I counted as my 'AF' that month so should have ovulated on 20th July. We began trying as soon as bleeding stopped so we were exhausted,lol :wink: I just wish AF would come and get back on track as I would know for sure my body was ready for our 2nd baby. Am I right in thinking I am def not pregnant? Or would there be any any chance I tested too soon? Early Response say it can detect HCG 6 days before period due,I got my BFN today-the day my period due(28days cycle) or just two days before if my cycle was 30days. Any ideas? How long 'should' it be til AF comes? If she doesn't appear soon,what should I do? How long do I 'just wait'?xx

Hello :) these symptoms can send you mad :( I don't know if I have them to the extent that I think I do, or am I exaggerating them? I'm now just waiting till AF and see what happens... Its all I've thought about for past week. My last AF was 15th July but lasted 3 days and wasn't heavy. I'm a 33-35 day cycle and AF is always 6 days. On the 17th of July I had terrible nausea (never experienced it like that before ) I didn't think much of it only being 3 days as it was my birthday on the 19th, so I was distracted! Anyway, more symptoms started appearing... Heightened sense of smell, metallic taste, weird pinching cramps... Got a bit freaked and decided to do a cheapy test.... Negative. I left it for a few days, then I was in superdrug about to pick up another test but I had to stop myself. I couldn't stop thinking about it. According to my period tracker app, I ovulated yesterday... Still have the same symptoms, except now I have more!

Nausea ( to the point I'm in the bathroom every 2 mins thinking I'm going to be sick!) Heightened sense of smell and metallic taste in mouth (doesn't help the nausea! ) Tired, bloated and rock hard belly, noticed thick blue veins in boobs yesterday (never been able to see them before) haven't wanted to smoke since middle of July... That is very strange as I can't function without 2 cigarettes before I do anything that morning!

The list is endless and I think I've rambled a bit too much :/ sorry!!
These symptoms are sending me mad :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I know my friend kept testing and testing all said negative, so she left it until she was being sick and tested again it was positive sometimes the hormone level can be too low a blood test will say for sure I'm waiting myself and I agree its really frustrating! Hope its the result you want though xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back