Am I mad or is it pregnancy?

Crimson92

Reaction score
I really desperately want a pup!

I was thinking maybe to get one for Christmas, cause I have always been around dogs feel lost without one during the day when OH is out, I though Christmas would be best 'cause baby would be 9 months, but there are gorgeous black labs for just £150 the now and I want one noww!!

Am I crazy, should I just wait ? I am hoping this is just something to do with hormones and I am not really being this crazy or is it crazy hmmmm :rofl: xx

Lol, personally I would wait because a puppy is alot of work and youre due really soon as well. I reckon its pregnancy hormones. Think it would be great to get a dog once you're settled a bit though. Obviously thats just my opinion though and its up to you

x x x x

Definitely wait!!! Nice idea but wait until you ae settled into a routine with bubs...puppies are hard work!! Do you want your puppy pooping on the floor where your baby is crawling around?? Ewwww!! xxx

I second Pinky!

Surely that would be the equivalent of having twins but one has to sleep downstairs! The sentiment is lovely though. Your child growing up with the dog and going out for walks together etc but maybe when bubb is over 1 or something??? To echo Pinky, just my opinion tho xx

I agree with the other girls in waiting! I also have grown up surrounded by animals - all different kinds from cats and dogs to parrots and horses so I definitely understand the appeal, but to be honest you need an established dog before baby or an established baby before dog. Not both at the same time. And despite loving animals and always having had them, I absolutely adore my pet free house! It is so much easier to keep hygenic - no animal hairs flying round and no having to worry what they have been eating before they lick you or what they have brought in on their paws from outside.

Xx

And just to add, when you do decide to get a pup, try the rescue centres before the breeders. The rescue centres often have pups, they may not be pedigree but they are just as cute and without people giving them homes will probably have very short lives! I would never buy a dog from a breeder, not when there are so so many needing a home. I would rather give the £100 or £200 as a donation for the rescue centre to carry on its good work.

Just my opinion.

Xx

Thanks girls for keeping me sane! OH isn't helping in saying its up to me! But I am going to treat myself to a new hoover this month instead :rofl: puppy can wait for my christmas or a bit after :lol: oh dear! x

Yeah good idea to wait :) its so tempting when you see pics of them because they are adorable! I agree with flopsy about trying a rescue centre when you're ready as well :)

Yeah, never thought of a rescue centre ! defo will try that, I think its cause I am fed up of sitting around the house myself waiting for OH to come home tbh! It won't be like this for long I guess :lol:! x

Yeah Gosh only 4 weeks till your due date!!!!! Its going so quick!

x x x x

I know! getting nervous now :| Fed up though can't wait till she is here so I can cuddle her :) your not too far behind either only 7 weeks ! x

Before you know it you're gonna be run ragged by your little baby girl!! Lol at getting a new hoover instead - much better all round me thinks!! xx

Before you know it you're gonna be run ragged by your little baby girl!! Lol at getting a new hoover instead - much better all round me thinks!! xx

I know :rofl: think I may treat myself to a fancy dyson though :wink: x

I can't wait either :) oh I'd like a dyson as well. I have a fake dyson from Asda. Well it just looks like a dyson lol x

I have a Dyson (basic model) and that no loss of suction claim is rubbish - it's def lost suction!! Have had it over 10 years though and would love one of those Dyson animals.....but can't really justify the cost right now! xx

Oh dear I just can't decide what hoover to get now :lol:! xx

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4065230/Trail/searchtext%3EHOOVERS.htm

i got this the other day and boy is the suction good on it and only 59 quid it looks really cheap and the hose and wire isnt as long as my vax that i paid 200quid for that said no loss of suction(well they lie) and i think its a bit noisier but by heck does it pick up stuff good i have a springer spaniel that maults like teher is no tomorrow and it even shift his hairs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back