People are making me paranoid

Vicky_Gazerimmer

Reaction score
This might sound weird, and I am sure that most of this is down to nerves about my scan on friday but so many things are making me paranoid.

For example, I stretched over to the back seat of the car a few days ago and my mum and nan went mad at me saying about the cord getting wrapped round the babies neck, and now they still kept going on about it so now I am scared thats going to happen.

The other thing is right from the moment I had my first appointment with my midwife and she handed me tons of stuff of birth defects and downs syndrome, I have literally thought of nothing else. I am becoming seriously obsessed with it. Everywhere I look I see people with Downs and for some reason its all anyone talks to me about. (and I have had had to stop watching eastenders).

I knwo the chances of my baby having downs are low due to my age (24)and OH age 23, but for some reason I am being very silly about this. I have even examined my 12 week scan pic to locate the nasel bone and neck etc and they look fine! And I recall the woman doing my scan saying everything appears normal.

Why am I doing this? Sorry to rant on but I must admit I feel better just for writing this. :hug: :hug: :hug:

All sounds perfectly normal to me :hug: I've amazed myself at the amount of things I've found to worry about with my pregnancy - the latest one is that my bump is too small, but it has included have I deafened my baby listening to music on my computer and ummm have I o'ded it on salt from too much cinema pop-corn. As well as all the worries when I haven't felt it move, etc,etc. I've not heard the one about stretching causing the placental cord to wrap round the babies neck - I would assume that would happen as a result of foetal movements not ours. Thats what the MW said in our parentcraft classes said anyway. Also I do plenty of stretching in my maternity yoga class, and no-ones worrying there. I think mum's and nan's (well I know my mum does) have extra worries as they will have a different viewpoint on it as they will be remembering all the advice from when they gave birth. They don't necessarily understand how much it's all changed these days - for example when my mum had me, breastfeeding was frowned upon, but now you can't move for breastfeeding advice! Also to mum's and nan's we're still their babies in one way or another, so they're sort of bound to be over protective. I found the best thing is to be really cheerful and when they do start up, smile broadly and remind them that it's all different these days - for example it used to be the norm to put babies to sleep on their front, which we would never do these days because of cot death. If they get too much for you, you are perfectly withing your right to tell them you appreciate their concerns but that you are worried enough already, so could they keep it to themselves. I did to my mum, as she talked non-stop about miscarriages for the first 3 months which was awful. It only stopped when I asked her. Good luck!

I worry about everything too...some adivce and hints are helpful some just aren't if the bay's cord was such an issue we would here more about it.
:hug:

thanks ladies I am not usually so easily bugged but lately I am leting the slightest thing upset me.

And in regard to my baby, everything has gone so well so far and I have become so negative with hormones, I guess I am waiting for a problem to start :(

Thanks for the advice its made me feel better :)

I think worrying is just parr for the course now !

I think hardly a minute goes by when I am not worrying about something or another ......... normally I am a really laid back person and just let most things pass me by

but since I have been pregnant my brain is in overdrive and everything I do, eat or feel is a possible hazard for my baby.......

I guess that is just how us mums are going to be

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back