Am I...? I feel strange!

Meep

Reaction score
Officially my OH and I are not trying for a baby, but it's not the end of the world if it happens :) We've agreed to start trying next summer. But here’s the thing! Probably for about 1 year, my periods have not been regular. They’re usually about 5-7 days late each month so I’m never on at the same time. It was a concern for me, but I went to the doctor and he said there’s nothing wrong. My period should have been due around the 17th of this month but it still hasn’t appeared. Usually I always get stomach cramps and/or sore boobs about 3 days before my period, and still no sign. However, I do feel bloated. But it could just be fat :p However…nipples are a different thing all together! OUCH! Very sore and sensitive to touch, never had that before. They’ve been sore for about 4 or 5 days now?

I took a test at the weekend and it was negative. How does this all sound to you? When should I test again? It’s difficult because my period is so irregular!

Thanks in advance :)

Hey, Sounds like a possibility!! I would test again now, You're almost 10 days late and last weekend was a long time ago!! I'd test again just to put your mind at ease! Sore nipples are definately a pregnancy symptom and one of the first things i've noticed both times! Good luck xx

Sore nipples was one of the first things I noticed both times I've been pregnant too, that starts very early.
Get POAS! Lol
x

Thanks ladies, appreciate you getting back to me! :)

Sore nips - as in quite painful to touch? Not unbearable but certainly uncomfortable? :eh:

Now I'm worried. I do smoke, about 3-5 a day and obviously I can stop once I find out if this is positive or not, but would my smoking have harmed the baby this early on if I do turn out to be pregnant? Also, I drank wine last weekend. Could this have caused any problems?

I can't think of another reason why my period would be late. I have a pretty stressful job (I work in bereavement) but I've been here since July last year and I'm not feeling stressed.

Loads of ladies fall pregnant while drinking and smoking, I can't see that it would have done any harm , now your thinking you might be pregnant, best to not go there with either until you are def sure to be on the safe side.

I hope you get the result you want X Sensitive sticky outty nipples really early on is a good symptom, I had them, OH loved Them (TMI)

I took a test this evening - it was negative. I'm SO confused! So late but that's the second negative I've had now. I was thinking, should I test again tomorrow?

My nips are sensitive but not particuarly sticky outy! Does that still count?

my nips often get quite sore when the :witch: is about to appear

I never ever get sore nips, only sore boobs - that's why I'm so confused. Is it worth testing again tomorrow considering how late I am?

My boobs get sore when AF is on the way but just seems to be mainly the nipples when preggo! It can take a while for a test to come up positive. If i were you I would set myself a date in a few days time to test again and then just try not to think about it till then!! Otherwise not only will you drive yourself mad you'll spend a fortune on tests!! lol, fingers crossed for you!

On the smoking front, you wouldnt have a placenta this early so nothing would actually be crossing to the baby but smoking can affect your chances of concieving so if it'd be easy for you to quit then i'd do it anyway!

Good luck, keep us posted
xxx

Thanks mummynmummy2b! :) I'm the same, sore boobs when my period is due but I've never had sore nipples before. How far along were you when you started getting sore nips?

Yeah, I am definitely planning on quitting. It's just the cost of it! I don't smoke much but probably about 20 a week.

Yeah I would also wait before testing again, I know it will drive you mad, but nothing more disapointing than a neg test. Apparently HCG levels double approx every three days so should make for a better test.

Good luck , sending some baby dust your way:dust:

Okay, so now I've got an update! Still testing negative...and I just panicked just now. Went to the loo, wiped and found very light pink blood, but it's not like a normal period. The texture is quite thick, goopy and stringy. Sorry - that description makes it sound minging!

Could this be implantation bleeding that I've read about? Bearing in mind I'm almost 2 weeks late for my period now.

Could be , but I think last time I had spotting as implantation bleeding exactly a week after ovulation so slightly earlier so week 3 or pregnancy, and if pregnant you would be in week 6 if your two weeks late. I guess it could happen if the egg is still burrowing in etc

Fingers crossed it's not your AF X

Last edited:
Meep, I understand your concerns but I wouldn't worry about smoking and drinking too much. I know it is not something to be proud of but I have smoked through all 3 pregnancies and it was a good job I did with my 1st as I developed Pre Eclampsia and when I was admitted before my organs started shutting down I asked my doctor if smoking had caused it and h turned round and said that if you develop PE then one of the things that brings down your BP is smoking so yes I smoked and put up with the dirty looks but if it helped save mine and my 3 childrens lives then it was worth it. I will smoke thoughout if I get pregnant again too. I look forward to hearing your test result. I just hope I haven't angered anyone. By the way what does POAS mean?

Last edited:
So it's all ended now. On Monday morning, I started to have a miscarriage. I was at work at the time, and now everyone knows. I felt awful! I went to the doctor's and it's been confirmed. He guessed that I was only 2-3 weeks gone.

I feel so silly for mourning what is basically a collection of cells. It was not a baby. The girls at work asked "Were you planning for a baby?" My answer was no. Then they immediately seem to think that it doesn't matter so much because we weren't planning for it, it was an "accident". No, it wasn't. It was a surprise! My partner and I feel sad that we will never know our baby, and I was always have to refer to them as "it" because I wasn't far along enough to know it's sex. I'm still having my miscarriage now, and I can honestly say it is the most painful thing physically and mentally.

I guess it was someone's way of saying that we're not ready yet, or that it was unhealthy for some reason. I hope we get another chance sometime.

Aww hun, I am so sorry, I have been through the same thing so if you need me then please feel free to contact me.

Heulyn, Thank you for telling me what it means, After the length of time I have been on different forums you would have thought I'd have known.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back