Am I doing OK?

madam bully

Reaction score
I was smoking about 10 a day, and trying not to smoke in the day as we ttc. When I found out I was pregnant, I started to cut right down and have got it down to 1 in the evening, sometimes I have a puff of OH's too but I am quite pleased with myself but everyone seems to think I am evil and shouldn't be allowed to breed :shock:

Have I done well and why can't I just not have that 1 ciggie when I get in from work?!?!

I think you've done brilliantly :clap: :clap: . only a fellow smoker knows how hard it is to stop. I've only stopped cause there's no shops near me!!!!! I did sneak a packet a couple of weeks ago when in town and had a few out of pack. (over a couple of days)

keep it up and you may feel like you can cut that last one out.

GOOD LUCK

I think your doing brillient as well.

Some people don't realise how hard it is to stop. I gave up about 6 years ago but I still have to have one every now and again when I have a drink. Although I haven't had any since NYE.

Keep up the good work, one day you'll just realise that you just don't need them anymore.

Dont listen to whoever is telling you such nasty negative things, you have done really well!

I know from experience, Ive cut down to 5 a day while TTC and am just waiting for the day I decide to stop altogether, its not easy and I feel so awful everytime I smoke just in case I am pregnant but.....well its not easy to explain the addiction is it?

You really have done brilliantly you should be evry proud of yourself :hug:

Well done madam bully :cheer:
That's how I managed to eventually quit, by having the odd one, then that got down to one a week, then I just went over a week, and it did get easier to not want one .. cutting down is great, I really hope you stick with it and feel very pleased with yourself too, it's a hard habit to break !!

Best Wishes :hug:

thats fantastic hun, I can go for a day or two without having any but then I have a day when I can have 5 !! But I did read it's better to have 5 or less than 10 (if that makes sense)

I'm hoping once I see 'Flipper' is doing ok at my scan I will be able to kick the habit for good, as thats what I did with my First Pregnancy

You're doing fabulously! Its actually worse for you to stop altogether cold turkey than if you have the odd one - so one in the evening means you are doing great!

I cut down when I quit, then eventually just stopped....you have the baby as an incentive too.....good luck :cheer: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back