wish me luck

rach

Reaction score
well tonight im having what i hope will be my last ciggie as some of you already know i started smoking again after i lost jamie worse than ever before 40-50 a day i have managed to cut down to 20 and as of tonight when i go to bed i will be wearing the 24 hour patches im determined to give up again before i even start ttc xxxxxxx

Rach

You have been through the worst thing ever imaginable - I admire you for even thinking about doing it. You have had a tough time of it recently but I am sure everyone will agree that We are all here to keep you focussed and strong.

Well done you x

P.S I gave up 9 months ago - and I wouldnt say I am completely over being a smoker, as I am wanting one occassionally. However it does get easier and you learn to 'get on' with the feeling and learn to ignore it!

Wishing you loads of luck x

L x

thanks lisa well its not going too bad thank god but its still early days we will see xxxxxx

well day 1 and ive failed already :( lasted till 5pm then lit up am hoping its because i put patch on last night and its just not lasting for me as long as it should have. still 2-3 is better than 20 :oops:
am not going to beat myself up about it
fresh start 2moro am taking a patch to bed ready to put on first thing and will try it that way have also just found the niquitin site click to quit which builds a calender for you telling you how much money you have saved every so often by not smoking plus other useful tips and a bad day button that you download and its always on your screen you click on it and select whats wrong and it also gives you tips to help get you through that moment
oh well here goes try again 2moro xxxx

Dont beat yourself up about it Rach cos you have been through one hell of an ordeal, it may take time and even if you just cut down thats a good thing that you should recognise and praise yourself for. When I found out I was pregnant I decided to quit but it was damn HARD im behind you 100% if you ever need some ex-faggie support im here to back you up lol xxx (HUGS)

thanks everyone not such a bad day today had a ciggy after a row with the hospital this morning over post mortom results for jamie but thats it and am soon going to bed as i been up since 4:30 so am well pleased today :clap: :clap: :clap:
xxxxxxx

well done rach, i know how hard it is to give up as i gave up 2 yrs ago on may 4th just gone & it was 1 of the hardest things i have ever had to do & i cannot imagine giving up after what you have been & are going through at this awful time.

after you will be so proud of yourself :D & if you fail, you fail.
took me a few goes at giving up, i used patches & an inhalator, which you puff like a ciggie & nicotine hits the back of your thraot just like a ciggie, that was great & really helped.

well done & we are all here to support you.
emma.xx

whats this inhalator????? can you use it same time as the patches?????
someone please tell me :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

its a plastic like ciggarette, with a hole bit that you suck the nicotene from, you get a little case to put the inhalator in & spare cartridges (which is where the nicotene comes from)

they are great, especially if you are out with friends who smoke, coz i would just puff along on my inhalator!!!

get one & try it, mine was by 'nicorrette' costa about £12 though but its money well spent.xx

sorry, yes you can use it in addition to the patches, but only so many puffs a day.xx

thanks hun its definately something worth looking at :D xxx

Good Luck Rach.

Dont be hard on yourself though if it takes a few goes. You have been through immense sadness and pain and that is hard enough to get through let alone giving up smoking too.

Wishing u loads of luck

L x

thanks lisa its not going brilliant and im slipping every day but every morning im getting up and trying again 1-2 is way better than 20 or more and every one i smoke now is starting to taste foul and i wonder why i bothered so am hoping this is going to help :D i will keep at it till i succeed nothing is going to stop me trying xxxxxxxxx

I know how you feel Rach - I am 9 months down the line and I still want one :roll: ! But I dont feel like that ALL the time - it is definatley getting better the longer time goes on!

If you go to the non-smoking thread there a couple of good ideas / topics - I know I posted some stuff on there.

When I gave up I had my losenges and came on here everynight just to keep busy! I also read the Allen Carr book which is brilliant (defiantely recommended)

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back