am i completely bonkers or will it be okay?

Samsgirl

Reaction score
Good morning ladies,

I am newly pregnant and baby is due aroudn the 7th October 2011.

We are getting married on the 25th November 2011.....so all being well, baby will be about 6 weeks old!

We did consider posponing the wedding but firstly, we would lose so much money , secondly we cant move it on the package we have agreed as it's only available in november and doing the package is saving us about £5,000!! and thirdly...we don't want to move it, we really want to be married this year!

Everything is more or less organised (i am to organised at times) and i will make sure than everything is done and ready before baby arrives. Where we are getting married we have a wedding coordinator and the hotel does at least 1 wedding every weekend and has won awards for being a wedding venue, so im confident to just leave it all in their capable hands!! It will just be a case of getting myself ready on the day (hairdresser and make up lady comign to my mums).

I know I will be shattered and very emotional but I have tons of support....some very close friends who have offered support and my mum lives very close and cant wait for the arrival and has said that she will be there 24/7 if i need her on the run up to the wedding..

she knows me better than anyone i suppose and she has told me im a very strong person and she is confident that i will be fine...

my OH just cant wait for it to be the 3 of us on our big day!!!

Dress will have to accomodate growing boobies...ha ha....and gonna get little one onto a combination of boobies and bottles quite early on so that both can be provided during the day.....

xxx

Congrats on your pregnancy!

I'd say that if your LO is born fairly on time then you should be fine! Lizzie is 6 weeks today and can now take a bottle of expressed milk and my boobs have settled to their normal size :) But there is quite a difference between 4 and 6 weeks of age so if your baby decides to be 2 weeks late then it might be a bit more complicated! With all the support you've got though I think you'll be fine. It is really tiring if your baby doesn't settle at night though, so definitely make sure you have lots of people able to help you in the few nights before the wedding date so you have a bit more energy for the big day!
I only put on 'baby weight' when pregnant so was back to normal weight when Lizzie was out, and just have a teeny jelly belly now so if you're careful during pregnancy you shouldn't have to worry about your dress too much :)

thanks hon :)

Yeah, i am def not 'eating for two' being still very careful and being very healthy....drinking plenty of water etc and loads of fruit and veg....

my mum lives 2 mins away and she has said that for the week running up to wedding she will be around 24/7 if i need her and will have baby as much as needed so that i can catch up on sleep etc..

i suppose it's good with just the one, cos i can sleep when it sleeps...sod the housework..ha ha

it would be a different story if it was my second and there was already a little one to look after...

i have tons of support so thats why i think it will be fine....cant send it back now can i. ha ha.......xxxx

congratulations!!

im sure everythin will go to plan fine, and even if it doesnt, you will be a family, and it will be the 2nd bestist day of your life (after the LO is born!) :)

xxx

congratulations!!

im sure everythin will go to plan fine, and even if it doesnt, you will be a family, and it will be the 2nd bestist day of your life (after the LO is born!) :)

xxx

thanks my lovely....thats what we thought, how can having our baby there possibly make it be wrong...except i may be very tired and a bit sore...but i can cope with that.

might not be flinging myself round the dance floor but hey ho...he he xx

I was exactly in you position around this time last year. I was due on 24th Sep and was getting married on 23rd Oct.

Freddie decided to be 9 days late so was 2weeks and 6days old on the day of the wedding. We managed to get through the day by alternating bf and expressed bottles - i would definitely ask whoever is making your dress to make the top bit easy to get on and off to feed with cos you don't want to be stripping off every time - also make sure you have a comfy quiet place to go to if you are going to bf the baby.

Dress wise, I ordered a couple of sizes bigger but it had to be taken in cos I was all bump and with bf slimmed down really quickly. I didn't watch what I ate at all, just ate the same as I always did - didn't really 'eat for 2' cos I didn't feel the need to.

It really was a fantastic day you will run on adrenaline only (we completely crashed a couple of days after). It was so amazing to celebrate our marriage and our new baby at the same time with all our family and friends.

We organised the whole day ourselves with the help of friends and family and as long as all the big things are sorted beforehand you can deal with little details afterwards, if you have a wedding planner then really lean on them, we could not have done it without support from others.

Yes it was a risk but it turned out brilliantly in the end. Good luck!!

(Couldn't resist putting a pic on, sorry!)

Attachments

• wedding.jpg
    wedding.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 5
awwww thanks hon and what a lovely pic!!

Yeah we are getting married at the hotel where the reception and night do are and we are styaing there too....so i will have our room to escape to to bf and get baby sorted. will have tons of supprt from my family on the run up to the day and on the day....

trying dresses on at the end of this month so will order a bigger size xxx

WOW!! Busy year. Sounds like you have it under control :)

Good Luck!! I look forward to following ur pregnancy :)

oh and CONGRATULATIONS on baby and wedding

Kylie x

Thanks Kylie...

think i am too organised....even bought the pressies for the little bridesmaids yesterday! lol

xx

Awww how lovely. October and November are going to be so exciting for you!

I know when I got married I ran on pure adrenaline for a week before. If you're this organised so early on I reckon you'll be fine. You'll also hopefully have a bit of maternity leave before baby arrives to do wedding stuff.

I'm really looking forward to following your pregnancy xxx

thanks....i should be finishing around middle of september...unless baby decides to come early! he he....if it's on time i should have a couple of weeks before xx

i wish i was that organised. I had such a baby head! Its so lovely ur waiting to have ur LO there on ur special day :) x

yeah....there will be a tiny paige boy or a tiny bridesmaid dress :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back