will we manage?

bidsy

Reaction score
My Dh and me are thinking of having a second child. Joseph is 13 months now, we get married in July and was thinking of trying after the wedding. Ideally I wanted to wait a couple of years but DH is 41, 10 yrs older than me and doesnt want to be too old.

We live in a 2 up 2 down which is in a lovely area and is a beautiful house but small, we cant move for a couple of years because we need to pay off a couple of loans so that we will be comfortable when we do move.

I work in a baby shop so am quite brudy anyway but i'm worried that if we do have one soon I wont be able to cope in a small house with them sharing a room? Is it really hard having 2 close together? I dont want to regret not having another and I dont want joseph to be on his own, he does have a step sister but she is 19 and lives in another city so its not the same is it. I dont know what to do. :wall2:

Were in the same situation, tiny terrace house except we rent and can't afford to move. There's 2 years 11 days between mine, not sure how I will cope with them sharing yet though xx

Hey Bidsy - don't worry, I had my boys sharing - (21 months age gap). for just a short time till we moved house to a bigger house 3 bed, my sons were then 2 , and just 5 mths in age (only because I was then pregnant already with my daughter ! (13 mth age gap). So when we moved the boys still shared, other than bedtimes being a little like sleepovers , lots of giggleing and egging each other to be naughty and playing not sleeping, (needed more wolrk on that one), it worked fine until now. They are now argueing and fighting alot at ages near 13 and 11 , as they are becoming their own person, so we are turning a utility room (same size as my daughters room), into a bedroom at the moment for Toby my second son.

Devon is sharing with us, and will till one of the boys moves out on a longer term basis!!! so he has a cot bed at least till age 7 !! and that's working fine too

If your second was a girl, then thats fine too , there are some council style rules on things like that frowning on mixed gender sharing too long, but I would have said 6/7/8 would still be fine to share.

If second baby sleeps in with you guys still he/she sleeps mostly through the night, then little one won't be disturbed, they actually zone out to the baby noise and it's surprising what they don't hear!!

Don't worry, go with it, you can't have a bigger house, but you cant stop your life for it!

You may find you have more toys downstair, like me, but that's ok, it will happen anyway!

So exciting, and wedding and maybee a new baby!! yayyy

Last edited:
I've got the same situation my lo will be 22 mths when baby is here and we have a 2 bed and we can't afford to move but were going to lOok into seein whether we could rent our house out and buy another as there's one round the corner to ours which is bigger......not to sure on how it all works though!

I've got 2 yrs 3 mths between the boys and they have shared for a little over a yr before we started trying for Rhea. They love it and natural wake around same time and even if my middle one does wake in the night my biggest usually sleeps through it !! Don't think they would like separate rooms at the min xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back