am I being unreasonable..?

misssparkles

Reaction score
These last few months people I barely know keep telling me if I keep tracking my cycles "obsessively" and putting "pressure" on my OH it will ruin us and he will leave me. My oh and his mum are the first ones to mention kids which is why I came off depo last year. Its making me really paranoid which is what I thinks annoying him more.
But 11 months this month off depo no positive opk when I was supposed to be I'm getting really ratty I dont want it to take over my life. No one knows we are trying my parents dony want us too have kids... (annoying)

So the point is my temper is getting worse and im taking it out on my oh because his reply of dont worry babe it will yappen itll be us next. . Just isnt doing it anymore the poor guy cant win.

Am I being unfair flyig off the handle so much when he says it? Im just fed up now I just don't know what else we can do. Ive said no more opks etc now xxx

I can understand your upset and frustration, but yes I think you're being unreasonable. He's only trying to comfort you and make you feel better, after all, it's not his fault you feel the way you do xx

Without being awful I think you are a little out of order, his response is just a typical male thing to say and you never know but he might be hurting just as much as you are but is trying to be strong to show you support.

Ive been in the depo situation and honestly it will wear off and youll get your bfp when you least expect it but till then as hard as it is try and relax a bit, take days out with your OH and spend quality adult time together and seriously ignore what everyone else is saying. The only people relevant in your decision making when it comes to having kids is you and your partner. Xxxx

Last edited:
Like the others have said really, he is trying to comfort you and help you to stay positive and probably hasn't got a clue what to do or say. At least he is trying though so maybe cut him a bit of slack. I do appreciate your frustration though. Have you explained your feelings to him so that he knows what is getting to you? It's a cliche but it will happen for you, stay positive and good luck x

I know exactly how you feel missparkles!
I'm in a similar situation. Although I've only just come off the depo, I suppose a little part of me expected it to all happen straight away! And when it didn't, I was so upset and disappointed :( it didn't help that my OH is so excited to become a father and his parents would like a grandchild which they've mentioned to us on more than one occasion!
And the worst bit was, I took it out on my OH when the only thing he tried to do was comfort me bless him.
No matter how much he said "it'll happen when it's the right time" and "don't worry", it would fall on deaf ears!
Then we both sat down and had a long chat about how we both felt and it really helped.
We both found we were blaming ourselves for it not happening and realised just howuch pressure we were putting on each other, not good!
Since our talk, things have been brilliant!
We've both relaxed alot and both decided to let nature do her thing when she's ready :)

Although our OHs might not know the best things to say or how to say it, atleast their trying :)
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back