Am i being unreasonable?

Misslarue said:
HertsMummy said:
Chances are the Sat/Sun leagues are different, wont have his mates there etc, so sunday might not really be an option at all.

This is only for the football season I assume? You do have Sunday to spend as a family?
Its heathly to have outside interests as well as family life. It is possible to have both! It works both ways for us too and we are both free to follow our hobbies. I would feel very resentful if my OH tried to tell me I couldn't do something that I really enjoyed.

nori, you can still do lots together on a Sunday hun. And like hertsmummy said, it is only footie season? That gives you most of the saturdays during the summer. Which is the best time for family days out.

I agree with these comments

If it was me and my OH i would let him play on a Saturday...

My OH works most Saturdays and Sundays so ive just had to accept that our family days out can be anyday
And to be honest it doesnt bother me what day it is when we spend as a family
Theyre just as good as when he does have a Saturday or Sunday off...

He still gets to go out with his mates and i get to go out with mine
We have 1 family day and 1 where we can go out with mates
Its on a rota (Not set in stone) 1 week me and the next week him
Obviously if its someones birthday then we'll swap and sometimes not go out with mates atal
Have a night in with mates together...

But then footy season i do go to every Liverpool home game....
Lees usually working.. but i find a babysitter to go

It is about compromise in a relationship but youve got to find one that works for both of you like we have

You need time to yourself, your own hobbies, away from the house/kids otherwise youll go mad... IMO

tbh I dont really see the prob in him playing football as long as you get time as a family too aswell as you getting some time to your own devices as lfc sarah said its all about compromise.

lol @ trixipaws ive been a football manager widow... men eh :shakehead:

Hello,

A fellow football widow here :wave: , OH plays Sunday morning footie and tbh Sunday then becomes a write off for family time, they always go too the pub for a couple afterwards which means OH can't drive and isn't in the mood for a family outing :lol:

It is pretty crap but it's also nice to take the baby shopping with friends or just have some time apart. Can't believe his best friend though, it isn't his place to say anything to you :evil:

Alex xxx

We have saturdays as our "family" day, i'd never plan anything on that day without talking it over with Dave first, and i hope he wouldn't either. He works full time, and earns some extra cash on a sunday working in a shop, i cant say i like it but it means both me and Tally get excited when he comes home.

The issue seems to be with his mates, try talking to your OH and see what he actually thinks about it but tbh one footy season is nothing, theres always next year, the first six months of your babies life are irreplacable.

I'm probably a bit biased as we spend almost every spare moment together and i'm having a rubbish night sat in alone as he's gone out. Dave still goes to his car shows (we dont go yet as it'd be much more expensive due to hotels etc) and we go together to his monthly car geek meet (not it's official name) next saturday we'll be watching him go-karting.

Unfortunately i've had to change my entire life for Tally, but i know he's changed a lot too, though he's always been happy to stay in with me, only difference is that now we cant go out togehter easily

I agree! I don't think its fair to stop him completely etc but he has to compromise! Maybe if one weekend your feeling ok etc then he can go (you never know you might just even be begging him go sometimes lol) and on the weekends where your need him or want to do things as a family ask him to do things with you! There will be plenty of things you will have to cut down on when the baby is here so why shouldn't he?!
As abcd123 said, one footie season is nothing but the first 6 months of your babies life is! Maybe even if he missed the first season?!
I would really talk things over with him again! TBH you don't want him to have a problem with it that he keeps inside only to brew into resentment and cause problems down the line! Good luck hun! :hug:

Thanks for all your input..Hes playing every saturday at the moment but seems ok about stopping when baby is born. Like many of you said, when things have settled i maybe begging him to go out but i just want his undivided support for when the baby is born. He still signed on anyway. I think im probably underestimating him to be honest and comparing him to his mate (i saw his mates gfriend yesterday and she is miserable cos he never spends time with the baby)

Claire xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back