Am i being stupid?

little*red

Reaction score
OH has been working from 4pm today and wont finish until 3am as he is doing overtime tonight (painting floors).
Anywho he called me earlier on saying that he was going to watch the simpsons movie (he's a cinema projectionist), so i asked him not to as i wanted it to be something we could watch together and it would spoil it for me if he had seen it first.
he has just called me again and said he watched it. I know it sound childlike but im really upset that he did. It wasnt about him watching the film, it was because i thought it was something we could maybe do together, possibly get a babysitter and have a night out to the cinema ourselves (we havent been out together alone since having Evie), but he said he didnt like it so i know he wouldnt be too keen on watching it again.

am i being stupid for feeling upset? i just thought maybe it would be nice for us to spend some time together as a couple and not just mum and dad :( .

yeh man i wuld be dissappointed he went ahead and dun it :twisted:

i agree - its not about the film its about spending time together - i woidl be p***ed off :x

You could always hire a sitter and go out the two of you anyway.
Ok so the Simpson's movie is off the cards now but there are other movies or things you could do together, even just out for a nice meal type thing.

I don't think you're being stupid. He went ahead and watched it after you had specifically requested that he didn't. That alone would upset me. I would make sure, in fact, that you gently let him know that it did upset you and why - hopefully that will prevent him from doing something similarly inconsiderate again. And then I would try and ensure that you arrange something straight away that you can do together while a sitter looks after Evie. As others have said, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect him to pay for said outing either.

:hug:

no you're not being stupid hun. I would be pi**ed off if Simon did that to me too.

Tell him how cheesed off you are and he might offer to take you out somewhere else :dance:

:D

i think that u go really stroppy with him and make him take u somewhere really nice now..after giving birth to a baby i recon you desurve a weekend in paris lol.. nevermind a cinema trip..

I spoke to hi about it last night and he didnt realise i was being serios about him not goin to see the film, as he thought that i was just joking because he would see it before me. He now realises that i was annoyed because of other reasons and he genuinely feels really bad about watching it now. So to make up for it I think we are going to try and organise a night out alone sometime,even if we dont manage to get out at least he suggested some way of making up for it.

Thanks for all your help ladies, i just needed to feel as if i wasnt acting like a child. :hug: :D

Oh, that's good. I'm glad it's resolved. Hope you enjoy whatever you organize!

Can I just suggest that maybe avoid the cinema as an activity to do together as its his workplace so what precious little time you do get together do something not connected with work??

Just a thought....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back