big up odeon cinemas

trixipaws

Reaction score
today my boyf took me out on a date (my first nite out since before i was preggo!) to the cinema at the printworks. we were gonna watch beowolf on the imax screen but after queuing for ages were told the 4.30 was full, next screening was 7! so we decided to watch stardust instead.

it started at 5 tho and it was only 4.10 so we went to the christmas markets in st ann's square, and bought a beautiful chinese lamp made out of glass and silk.

when we got back to the cinema the automatic doors didnt work at first, then suddenly opened out onto my boyf and hit the lamp, there was a chinking glass noise. it didnt sound too good so we inspected it once inside, sure enough a corner was broken :(

my boyf was all ready for kicking off lol! he fetched an usher who went to get the manager- well, the manager was great! he bought the lamp off us for the £29 we'd paid for it, then when he came back out with the money he suprised us with 2 free cinema vouchers, expires next march! so, we shall get to watch beowulf another time, and for free! :D

yay

that is really great, usually you have to fight like mad to get any compensation off of these places!!

Lola's Mummy said:
Thats great, Did you go back to get another lamp?
no it was half 7 when we got out the markets were finished, and had to get back to milliepops who was becoming grizzly for my parents! will try to go back another day

Shame about the lamp. Was the film good?

pity about the lamp but good on the manager! stardust is awesome isn't it?! :D I've seen it twice lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back