• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am I being a silly billy?

Lindsay

Reaction score
Hey all I have found out this morning that SIL and her DH are having a baby, which is great news and I am really excited for them both but I have a funny feeling inside and I think deep down I am really worried about Jacob being pushed aside. MIL loves Jacob loads and loads but has made no effor to hide her feelings about having a little girl as they are there for you all the time blah blah (which actually pi***s me off) and am thinking that if SIL has a girl, my little dude will be forgotten about. I really hope I'm wrong.

Xxx

don't worry hun. He won't get pushed aside I'm sure. Grandma's have HUGE hearts!

My mum now has a grand total of SEVEN grandchildren, and she loves them all exactly the same. Nobody misses out, and it'll be lovely for your LO to have a little cousin to play with...... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aww thanks hun, you have made me feel a lot happier :D

Xxx

hi hun i wouldnt worry my mil has 5 grandsons and always went on everytime one of us were pg that she was desperate for a granddaughter. I had Hannah and i thought she would be all over her (which was the last thing i wanted as we dont get on ) and she hasnt bothered at all she doesnt go out of her way to see her or anything and she only lives across the road.

Oh hun that's a shame (or is it as you said you don't get along?!)

Another thing I am thinking is that it took me and DH 14 months to fall PG and SIL has fallen straight away in the first month. Dh and I will most likely be trying again next Summer for number 2 and don't want to be compared when it takes forever for me to fall! God what's wrong with me, I sound like a right miserable cow!!

Xxx

yes i am not bothered at all to be honest hun i like it that way, as for yur other problem just dont tell them that your trying and then there will be no need to compare, i never told anyone that we were trying just told them when i was pg

Lindsay said:
Oh hun that's a shame (or is it as you said you don't get along?!)

Another thing I am thinking is that it took me and DH 14 months to fall PG and SIL has fallen straight away in the first month. Dh and I will most likely be trying again next Summer for number 2 and don't want to be compared when it takes forever for me to fall! God what's wrong with me, I sound like a right miserable cow!!

Xxx

why tell anyone your trying?? its between you and OH not anyone else buisness... so they wont know how long it takes you!

My mum has a grandson and grand daughter, and she loves them both equally...

I am a really open person and wear my heart on my sleeve (probably a bit too much!) which was prob a factor in the length of time it took me to conceive Jacob - everyone was continually asking me! Next time I will keep it to myself and surprise everyone when I fall :D

Xxx

first of all i can't believe jacob is nearly 18 months old, is your ticker right? :shock:

i'm sure it will all be fine with grandma, like everyone says they have big hearts and can give much love.
we are going to be ttc next summer too, so shall be there with you sharing the agony when it doesn't happen first month etc. :wall: try not to worry, what does it matter what others think, as long as you and your DH and your beautiful son are happy thats all that matters. whose not to say your SIL etc aren't thinking the same about you having the first grandchild etc. i haven't explained myself very well just wanted to give big hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

They will both be loved equally I should think, but I can see you point where the question stemed from...

:hug:

Yeah Rusks hun, my ticker is right Jacob is nearly 18 months old, it has gone so quickly. I am so pleased that you will be there with me next summer going through all the agony etc we will have to support each other and blow lots of baby dust each others way :D

Xxx

Lindsay said:
Yeah Rusks hun, my ticker is right Jacob is nearly 18 months old, it has gone so quickly. I am so pleased that you will be there with me next summer going through all the agony etc we will have to support each other and blow lots of baby dust each others way :D

Xxx

be looking forward to it :dance: :dance: i'll have to remember all the ttc language again etc forgot about babydust and BDing etc :D

definitely be supporting each other :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back