Am I a mum? Are we mothers yet?

TiffanyJaynexo

Reaction score
I joined a group on Facebook called "I Love Being a Mum".
This boy wrote on my wall saying, "You're not even a mum yet tbh".
We then argued on the wall post. He said I am not a mum yet and that my baby isn't a baby yet, it's a fetus. He also posted a dictionary definition of 'mother', which was:

Mother
Verb: Bring up (a child) with care and affection: "the art of mothering".
Noun: A woman in relation to a child or children to whom she has given birth.

But I consider myself a parent because my child is inside of me and I am 'mothering' my child as I write this. I said to him, "Fine if I am not the mother and if my OH is not the father yet, then I'll go out and randomly pick a father and a mother seeing as it's of personal choice". It's not of personal choice though is it? I'm a mum now and there's no going back, yes I could give my child away but that's not what I want, so I am a mother and that is the end to this argument right?

Opinions?

:wall2:

Wow he sounds like a right idiot.
Of course you are a mum babe.
I feel an incredible sense of love for my lo and all we are going through.

Does this guy have nothing better to do than find dictionary definitions of things n pick arguments. Sounds like a c**k! Yeh uv settled the argument with ur point Hun xx

Of course you're a mum!! You are bringing up your child right now!! Without you, your baby wouldn't survive, you're keeping it warm, nurturing it, and protecting it! Thats what mothers do! x

Of course ur a mum... just like he is a tw*t.
And this year i will be getting OH a Fathers Day card and sign it from our little bean saying Cant wait to meet you xxx

You are defo a mum now!! You are doing all that you can to make sure that your baby is well looked after and will grow up strong. I think that makes us mums!!
Plus what the hell does it matter to someone else what you are? SOme people are just loosers arent they? (sorry preg hormones!!)
xxxx

Course your a mum! The definition definitely relates to us too, maybe even more so as the baby couldn't survive just now without a mum! What else could we be called, an incubator? then you magically become a mum the day your baby is born! Bet he isn't a dad, some people have no clue!

Sounds like he's a complete tw*t!! I have to say tho, I don't think of myself as a mummy yet but that might be a defensive thing in case things go wrong?! Xx

And this year i will be getting OH a Fathers Day card and sign it from our little bean saying Cant wait to meet you xxx

I love the idea of getting the OH a father's day card this year!! Such a special thing!! xx

I must admit I hadn't really thought about being a mum yet, but i suppose we are!! WE ARE ALL MUMMIES!!! YAY!! xx

Of course you're a mum!!! Some people eh :roll: xx

You shouldn't let trolls get to you :hugs:I'm sure he thrives on arguments and he has nothing better to do while you get to be a mummy and experience wonderful things.

He is actually a troll too :rotfl:
I know him in person, he lives in my area. Apparently he's been on the news in Australia for his internet trolling.

I'm very familiar with his debates and stupid comments online, so I know to ignore him when he gets on my tits. But when he said I wasn't a mum, I got quite defensive.

I'm scared to call myself a mum in case something goes wrong too, but yes we are all mums, not incubators! :p

Thanks girls xxx

I'm doing that too! :D
I've already got the card (I was so excited on the idea a few weeks ago). It says, "To my Daddy, from your little bug" I can't wait to give it to my OH.

xxx

This is why I hate facebook - so many idiots putting comments like that. do you know the person who wrote that on your wall? He sounds pathetic. Of cause were mothers be "definition" were Mums to be! Like getting engaged a "wife in practice" now were mums in practice doing the best we can to support, nurture, keep safe and make decisions that will affect our little ones. Yes agree our little ones are not yet fully formed but were doing everything to help that. Ignore that idiot as clearly he spends too many minutes looking up definitions, and more importantly being an idiot. Oh and yes I've got my OH a Fathers Day card from "the bump" - card shops even sell them acknowledging that we class ourselves as parents!

I think of myself as a mother because even though I may not have given birth and be literally 'looking after' a child, I'm doing what I can to take care of it now. I haven't seen or met him/her but I'm so in love with the little kiddy already and I think that's the best a mum can be... not care how your child looks, or whether it's a boy or girl, or even the fact it looks like a little alien right now...
We're definitely mothers and that boy is an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back