All you ladies not working ATM.....

I've been struggling to run my own business for the last few months - very few leads and even less clients coming in so finally had to go to Job Centre a couple of weeks ago to 'sign on' - but I can't live off £60 a week. What a joke!

I've applied for some jobs but in all seriousness, who's going to hire someone who's pregnant and will be off on maternity leave again soon.

I hate being broke.

At the moment I occupy myself by:
1) Walking the dogs - I have three so walk each one on their own for about 20-30mins each.
2) Have long baths mid morning
3) Clean the house - which I hate but I did clean the tops of the wall cupboards the other day (although OH was horrified when he saw me balancing on a kitchen worktop and a chair)
4) Walk to the postoffice most days to post a job application. I'm now on first name terms with the woman in the postoffice! I don't buy a book of stamps, I buy one each time I need to post something so I have something to do during the day (plus I get some exercise)

I'm waiting to do some work on the nursery but we're having major work done to move windows etc in April so can't really do anything until then. I have a rocking chair that needs stripping down and I bought a second hand cot from ebay yesterday which I'm collecting at the weekend.

I wanted to take up knitting to make booties etc but haven't got enough money for wool or needles or anything.

I started writing a novel a few weeks ago but lost interest after about an hour....

I'm not sure I'd find anything to do if I had money - except maybe shop all the time!

Serendipity_ said:
Feel depressed that I have no money and nothing to do. :( I :( keep applying for temping jobs but nothing comes of it. I feel so depressed, I can't even be bothered going out anywhere anymore. :shakehead:

Same here. For the first few weeks it was ok being at home even though we had no money... found time to do things I couldn't before like knit/play Playstation/read etc. But now all those things just seem tiresome and it's hard to even find the motivation to get out of bed some days as I know it's just more of staring at the same 4 walls.

I have lived here about a year and don't really know anybody also and there isn't much going on even if I did have the money. I'm trying to persuade OH to get me a sewing maching and some fabric so I can start making nappy wraps and might do a cross stitch or something for the baby's room. Other than that, I can't sort the baby's room because we will be moving before he/she is born so just playing the waiting game. Once the LO gets here I'll probably be knackered but at least I won't be bored!!! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back