All ready...

Hope81

Reaction score
And go, food is there, cup is there and now we only need the will to do it lol :)
We have Sophie in there too just in case that everything else looks dead boring...
Amelie joining at meal time...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358273479.235159.jpg

That's a banana she is holding :)

It will probably get 2 more months for her to actually pick it and taste it but she had great fun! And total frustration as she could taste the tea but couldn't suck from a non spill cup so she had it from a bottle as she was having a shit fit trying to get to it :lol:

Awww. Bless her. Watch out for banana stains on her clothes. I've ruined loads of babygrows already with banana.

We're just using a doidy cup and helping LO to drink at the moment, but I might try something else that she could pick up without absolutely drenching herself, LOL.

Be patient with the food thing - she'll start to pick it up and feed herself when she's ready. x

Yep it's more for her to watch us eating rather than her to feed herself the banana. She is only still little bless her for finger foods lol. But one day I suppose she will amaze me.
Thanks for the banana tip! I had no idea even that banana stains :roll::shock:

So you try the mango with a crunchy coating to see of she will be able to pick it btw?

Reading that BLW book it was saying to leave a piece of the skin on for the to be able to hold it, but job idea how practical is that.

I am open to BLW and TW or a combination. Reading about both at least and whatever it works for us.

Hey hun. No, I've not tried the coating yet because she suddenly seems to be getting the hang of slimy things! Woop! She still gets frustrated, but as long as there's something on her tray that she can handle easily, she can be distracted.

I tried her with fruit with skin on - she's OK with things like apple and pear wedges, but doesn't seem to understand what to do if I give her something bigger with skin on it, like melon for example. She eats with just one hand at a time. I was reading somewhere the other day that some babies handle smaller pieces of food better, and others prefer big pieces that they pick up with both hands. Tilly is definitely a smaller pieces kind of gal. She likes things finger sized. I guess you'll just have to try her on different things and see what works. There is a lot of wastage at first because they can only eat the bit that sticks out from their hand, but she's eating more and more of it every day and managing to eat some of the smaller bits too now.

There are lots of facebook pages on BLW where there are lots of questions and answers, recipes etc. if you're on FB
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back