introducing a cup - 5 month old

pammie1

Reaction score
My 5month old is breastfed and has never accepted a bottle so I had decided to wait and go straight to a cup but now she doesnt seem any more keen on that idea! I have been trying with a tommy tippee with a sflip-up spout, its just a straigtforward cup - no valves or anything and I have also tried a doidy cup but she just purses her lips tightly and shows no interest in holding the cup herself which I thought she might. I am not 100% sure if it is the cup or the formula taste that is the problem but she wont take water either - any ideas for introducing cups??? I am really dont want to go for months more not being able to leave her with anyone as only I can feed her!

Keep perservering with the cup but dont force it, that is what i found worked for me :D
Calleigh is also breastfed and has refused bottles, when it came to weaning i offered water in the tommee tippee sippy cup. At first she didnt know what to do with it, had no interest in holding it herself so what i did was repeatedly show her how to use it, like i would pretend to take a sip and say yummy or something. She loved to copy and eventually with a bit of assistance from me would try and bring the cup to her mouth.
Over time she got the hang of it and now will have sips of water from it, however she wont take milk from it :?
You may find that your LO will take milk from the cup though.

I found that perseverance was the key as i really didnt want to have to go through all different types of cups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back