All ladies worried about fundal height/measuring large/small for dates

thats an impressive bump, mine wasn't quite that big with my 1t but measuring ahead all the time but it was water after them telling me i was having a big baby he was only 5lb 12 full term

Reminds me of myself with my 2nd. At 37 weeks suddenly went off the charts and was measuring 46cm. DS was 11 days early and weighed over 11lb! I'm currently 31 weeks with number 3, and this last week I've suddenly got massive again, measuring 37cm, midwife's going to check again next week! Had GTT which is all clear, just seems to be the boys that are huge, my daughter was a respectable 7lbs!

Today, at 30.5 weeks, I measured 35cm, and I was seriously worried about what this would mean for delivery.
Finding your discussion on this forum has given me a chance to breathe - to find out how much variation there is!
Thank you for sharing your stories and putting my mind at ease.
This is my 3rd baby, and I'm short and kinda bloom out with pregnancy as there's so little room between my ribs and hips.
Although borderline with GD, that's managed with a better diet, so I know I'm not putting on my own weight so much. Now with a huge belly, this is the largest I've ever felt. My DS was 9lbs2 and my DD was 8lbs7.
Likewise, people are staring and expecting me to drop any day now! :eh:
I'm booked in for a growth scan at 34 weeks, and the midwife warned me that at 38 weeks I should get myself into stimulating labour.

Last edited:
I was measuring on average 3 weeks ahead, she was 9lb 2 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back