All is well with extra chromosomes!

She's gorgeous x I can't believe the way you've been treated! It's disgraceful. She is loved and cared for and THAT is what matters not how many chromosomes she has!

Ella is such a cutie! I am not surprised that you and your family are smitten with her.

I think that everyone has the right to have make their own decisions, no consultant, midwife, 'friend' or family member should be able to choose what you want and need in your life.

Thank you for starting this thread and for sharing your experiences with us.
Xx

what a amazing thred. If only more people felt the way you and i also do. My niece is disabled and the doctors have allways said she should be put into special care but my sister and her husband me and her sister would never allow that shes so specail and a normal little girl. Your daughter is lovely x

Ella is absolutely gorgeous!! I can't believe the attitude of your 'friends' and also the hospital! You did the right thing moving to a different one.

She is so lucky to have you as parents as are you to have her as your daughter. Please keep us updated on her progress, what age is she now? (Your ticker says your 48 weeks pregnant lol)

I think it's great that you have written about this and got a new section for people to chat in about high risk pregnancies.

Really good to read this, as the OP knows, our baby has also recently been diagnosed as Downs Syndrome so it's nice to read everything I can get hold of with regards to it

Last edited:
What an inspireing thread and good on you for sticking to your guns.
I wish you and Ella all the best and proving everyone wrong!

Ha ha... I keep meaning to get rid of my ticker! Ella is 8 weeks old tomorrow! I honestly can't believe it.

Thank you to everyone for your lovely responses. It's brilliant to know that others will benefit from high risk pregnancy group. I know I would have whilst I was pregnant! Xxx

Ella is perfect - and you are very right to be proud to be her mummy!

My husband and I had the discussion of what if when we were waiting on test results etc and we have both expressed we would not terminate or be ashamed if our child were to have a chronological abnormality.

Thanks for sharing your story -i am sorry you had to bare such awful treatment from the first hospital and your 'friends'

She is a beautiful girl!

And downs children are the most loving children ever.. I have worked with children with 'disabilities' for 3 years .. And have much experience with downs children! They 9 times outa 10 have the biggest brightest personality ever .. They are so loving yet very stubborn .. I cant help but smile and watch them in ore.. They are the most gawjus and precious children ever ...
And there parents always seem so amazing to!!

Also kiddies with downs tend to be very independent .. And active.. Full life.. the consultant made it sound like a child with downs would be 'the end if the world' that is so untru!!!

I feel angry on your behalf!

Hope she and you are well

Bertie knows all about his birthday buddy and how totally scrumptious she is. Ella might well have an extra chromosone but at least she hasn't got that extra moron gene some of your so called friends apparently have.

She's an absolute darling :love: xxxxxxx

Just seen this - she is gorgeous. As you know my sister is 18 with downs and is a true teenager!! Here's a pic of her ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338650371.169772.jpg and here she is with Theo ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338650392.268771.jpg

congrats on your beautiful daughter and what a moving experience you had, thank you for sharing that with us all.
xxx

Just been talking about this last night. Hubby has put me forward for all tests as it runs in his fmaily. If my baby has it he wants me to terminate the pregnancy but I've become so protective of the little bean there's no way I could do that.

Don't want to ruin our marriage but there's no way ANYONE is hurting my baby!

Last edited:
Just been talking about this last night. Hubby has put me forward for all tests as it runs in his fmaily. If my baby has it he wants me to terminate the pregnancy but I've become so protective of the little bean there's no way I could do that.

Don't want to ruin our marriage but there's no way ANYONE is hurting my baby!

To make you feel better - my fiancé initially (who in my opinion is on the autistic spectrum and ha a serious case of perfection OCD) was exactly the same and said he didn't want a baby like that!!!

Out of the two of us now, he is the stronger and he absolutely can not see that any other baby is better in any way than our lil baby! He is completely and utterly smitten with her...

I did tell him though when we were given the 1:2 chance that if he made me pick between him and my children, my children would win hands down. I expected that we were going to have to split up. It broke my heart, because obviously I love him so much, but I absolutely meant it!!!

I am so so happy that I had the strength to say all of that to him now - because as hard as it can sometimes be, I would never be without Ella now. My two children are amazing, for different reasons, but Ella is absolutely no exception to the amazing child rule!

Good luck with the tests - and I'm sure you won't need to, but of you want to chat at any point please feel free to PM me!!! Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back