All I see is pregnant women at work!!,

Balthazar1275

Reaction score
Well we have only been TTC for a couple of months now, we did get pregnant but lost it just before 6 weeks. Hopefully this month will bring us good news.
Anyway I work in cardiology and all I seem to do all day at work lately are tests on pregnant women, is this just natures little joke. I never seemed to notice pregnant women before but lately everywhere I turn it's all I see. I have to say it does makes me a little jealous. I know a couple of months is a really short time but I just want to have my sticky bean x

I can sympathise, I work at a large teaching hospital in London, and EVERYONE I see has a baby or a bump!!!!xx

Hi,

really sorry about your mc.

I know what you mean about everyone being pregnant! I think you probably just notice it more because you are TTC. We have only been TTC for a few months too, but it just feels like forever, and even though it's a short time, it's still upsetting when af arrives. Really hope you get your sticky bean soon xxx

I am a childminder, and 2 of the mum's whose little ones I care for have just had babies - so I was watchng their bumps grow and now I keep seeing the newborns....good thing is though I will get to look after them as well as their siblings when mums go back to work......and possibly be pregnant myself too :)

you do notice it a lot more when ttc tho - it seems every other mum I pass on the school run has a bump!

soory to hear about your mc, hope you get a lovely sticky bean very soon :)

Sorry to hear about your MC. *hug* Since we started to talking about TTC I haven't just noticed every pregnant woman, I've had pregnancy/babies on the brain!

Last edited:
HopesDreams I know exactly how you feel. I think about being pregnant all the time. I never thought of myself as maternal at all, I have godchildren and nieces and nephews but I have never been one to go all giggly over babies.
But since we have decided to TTC I find myself thinking about what it would be like to be pregnant and what it would be like to be a mother. I just can't wait to find out what it would be like

i hear ya since my mmc in may eevry body and there sister is prego and my fb is full of scans and anouncements usualy for december wen u i was due but i have to deal with it not hide away i did at first but im slowly getting used to it now i am properly ttc again gd luck for this month xx

I was just getting used to the idea of being pregnant when I started bleeding then subsequently lost the baby, but I made myself deal with what happened. Part of my job involves carrying out cardiac tests on toddlers and newborn babies so the week after my miscarriage I made myself do the children's clinic and it really helped me. Kids have a way of making you smile and laugh even when your heartbroken.

was opposite for me i was 10 weeks had seena nice hb at 7 weeks then at 10 weeks was all snatched away so cruely realy hard for me to deal with that after my scan but i made it throuigh to other side and here i am i still have bad days but no where near as bad as it was we are strong woman made of tough stuff aint we xxx

We certainly are, and we will be amazing mum's. We will get our sticky beans very soon I just know it x

Sorry to hear of you MC hun. Wishing you a sticky bean next go around! Xx

i cant say i havnt had babies cos i have i have had 6 children and 3 mcs my youngest is 6 but i decided after a long think of a few yrs that i wanted 1 more but i think life thinks i had my share and i know i have but this does not make it any easier for me but i know those that have none are far more worthy than me i just wish life was not so gd dam cruel xx

ive got that happeneing too.
Pregnant women,women with babies.random people i speak to ,neighbours.

Just meh,try to block it out and think of other things.

I know what you mean! I work in an office of 20+ women, have been there 2yrs and not one pregnancy, and since we've been TTC from Dec2011 there are now 2 ladies expecting!
Both of them fell pregnant completely by accident and here's me 6-7 months later actively trying and no bean!
Sometimes I think they're all doing it on purpose to taunt us! lol

hugs and support i think its like when you have a break up everywhere you look is happy couples its the same thing you are heightened to seeing it because its on your mind whereas normally you might not notice as much doesnt make it easier i know xxx

I know it can be hard, I was feeling the same when all my girlfriends were getting pregnant and I wasn't. They weren't even trying and it was just like everyday they were bragging about it and I was actually trying and nothing was happening. Your day will come soon though and you will forget all about this feeling. I finally had my first baby, my beautiful daughter after awhile. I was in shock the day I saw my BFP because I just didn't think it was possible but it really is. Stay strong girl!

I thought I was dealing with it and focusing on the future and hopefully getting good news this month but I received an appointment letter from my antenatal clinic this morning. It has my appointment for what would of been my 12 week scan. I work in a hospital and I know admin mistakes happen but really how insensitive it it to send out a letter to someone who has had a miscarriage.
When myself and my husband left the early pregnancy unit after getting the news that we had lost the baby the technician said she would inform the antenatal clinic of what happened well I guess that didn't happen. I don't know if I'm more angry or upset!!! :shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

I've been TTC for about 9 months now, but all i see is pregnant women aswell.

A lady who I work with is pregnant, my sister in law is pregnant, my cousin has just had a baby, and 3 young ladies who i went to school with have had babies ( well one is still waiting to pop)

It does make you jealous, but we all have to keep positive!!

X x

ye i work in a baby store so see bumps and baby's all the time, i got stressed when we where trying for joseph and had to take time off because i couldnt cope with it so I know how it can affect you and i'm sure its normal to feel that way. This time i'm more relaxed and just hope it will happen again for us. good luck hun x

i had a misscarrige the day after
my fiances 21st, on the 3rd of june this year, i work with children and its soo hard seeing pregnant woman come
into work with their big bumps and i have to look after their other children knowing i should have a bump by now :(
it now been about 5 weeks since i had a mc and im due to have my first period since it happend, well i was due on 11days ago and still nothing. i hope u get ur bfp soon huni, my partner wants to wait till were married to try as he says were only young and he wants to do it the 'traditional' way, but im wanting a baby so bad :( he doesnt understand
fully how im feeling :( keep ur chin up babe!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back