Alergies ! Help

firstangel

Reaction score
I suffer from bad allergies and take Cetirizine hydrochloride anti histimes, i stopped taking these when I found out i was pregnant, but I am really suffering now. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I had to take the day off yesterday due to me being so dissy and haveing extreme motion sickness, this is beacuse my sineuis are so inflammed without my anti histimes !

Has anyone kept on taking anti histimines???

The doc says I cant as there hasnt been sufficent studies done on the tablets to say whether or not this will cause problems for the baby??

Anyone any ideas what I can do to help my symptions??

I also take a steriod nasal spray, which the doc says im allowed, but doesnt work that well without my anti histimines.!

Help ! :cry: :cry: :cry:

:wave: Hi firstangel i get really bad hayfever and i only take Piriton for it now but dont take it everyday (which is how much i need it really) its about all were allowed when pregnant really, it makes me drowzy aswell which is annoying! Hope you feel abit better soon :hug: x

I put Vaseline around my nostrils which helps trap pollen from getting in. It does reduce symptoms a bit - although I look like an idiot :oops:

I have been taking homeopathic tablets that have been pretty good! I used to take antihistamines all year, due to such severe allergies - and have had 2 sinus operations as the allergies cause me to get bad nasal polyps - since taking the homeopathic tablets its not been half as bad.

I suggest popping into your pharmacy and asking them - Its pointless me giving you the name of these ones as I currently live in France!

hiya, im in the same boat as you, i have really bad hayfever and all the doctor said i could have was a nasel spray and my eyedrops, have to say its been hell and do my best to avoid going out when my hayfevers bad. Tbh I would rather suffer, just incase the tablets did affect the baby growing inside me :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi there!!
I have severe allergic reactions and am supposed to take Fexofenadine and Cetrizine everyday. MW sent me to see a consultant as I also carry an Epi pen because I get anaphalaxis!!!
Consultant said there is no medical evidence to suggest anti histimines (SP!!) cause birth defects but he said it was a very grey area....
He suggested I only take the tablets as and when I need them.
So far throughout this PG I've taken 6 and bubs is developing normally.
I know it is hard but try and keep off them as much as possible. It will all be worth it in the end!!!! :hug:

Solo said:
Hi there!!
I have severe allergic reactions and am supposed to take Fexofenadine and Cetrizine everyday. MW sent me to see a consultant as I also carry an Epi pen because I get anaphalaxis!!!
Consultant said there is no medical evidence to suggest anti histimines (SP!!) cause birth defects but he said it was a very grey area....
He suggested I only take the tablets as and when I need them.
So far throughout this PG I've taken 6 and bubs is developing normally.
I know it is hard but try and keep off them as much as possible. It will all be worth it in the end!!!! :hug:

sounds good if you can take them when needed :D

I also have had anaphalaxis and have an appointment at the anaphalaxis clinic on friday, was going to speek to them about it also ( as I only go once a year ). I carry Epi pens also but have never had to use them. thank god !

I have a type 1 latex allergy , which seems to scare the midwifes in my hospital ! had to supply my own latex free condoms in my previous pregnancy for my internal scans !

I spoke to a herbalist today also and have an appointment with her on thursday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back