Hey ladies!

lea m

Reaction score
Thought I would just pop and say hi lol!
Not been on for a couple of days? Dont know why or how haha Where did them days go?? :?
Well went to see the doc yesterday as I just cant do it alone anymore and needed some help with my depression and anxiety!
I will take them until the 3rd tri then come off so hopefully babs wont have any affects! Doc things Im smart for thinking like that and agrees! :wink: lol
But my worry is, she gave me citalopram, i normally take Escitalopram so this seems logical as i cant take my usual but, when I looked in the pack, it says DO NOT TAKE DURING PREGNANCY! Now I trust my doc but........
It doesnt even say see the doc before taking while pregnant etc just do not take? Anyone else taken these? I will google in a min just to put my mind at ease I think lol!

Off to my aunts now for a girlie night! Had a stupid bloody migraine all day again today! Another day wasted sleeping it off! :cry: I hate them and wish I could do something about them!

:hug: sorry your not feeling good. You did the right thing going to the doctors thou.

Hopefully the doctor will know these tablets are safe but to be on the save side phone NHS 24 just to double check.

Hope you have a good night hun :hug:

Thankyou!! :D :hug:
Yeh I didnt think of the Nhs helpline! Thanks for that I will ring them tomorrow! :D

sorry you've not been feeling well hun :hug:
You really did do the right thing by going to the doctors, if your in any doubt then deffo ring nhs or even your M/W, she might be able to advise you. If you have no luck there then go back to your doctors and tell them you don't feel comfortable taking them unless you know for sure they are 100% safe or could they put you on something else that is safer.
Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Thanks Laura! :hug:
Well i checked it out on the NHS and all say only take if recommended by the doc and all but this one say if taken in the 3rd tri may cause withdrawal symptoms so I guess these are the best to take!?

I take those! Midwife and doc says they are safe to take during pregnancy. I came off them when i found out i was pregnant and then my panic attacks etc came back really bad so i went back on them. Im on 10mg now insted of 20mg and the only effect i have been warned about is baby could have withdrawal symptoms :shock: but she said its definatly very low chance as i am on a low dose. I am going back to my doctor tomorrow to talk about whether i should come off them before baby is born or stay on them. I want to breast feed and feel i will need the tablets with a new born baby...this i have been told is fine and lessens the withdrawal *if* any. It something i need to have a long hard think about...but if i cant cope thats going to be worse for the baby. Wish i didnt have to be on them :x

Oh thanks for the reply!! :D
I feel sooooo much more relieved knowing that somebody else has these!
(though I wish you didnt have to! :hug: )
Yeh I have been given 10mg and was told of the withdrawal thing but I told the doc I will take them until 3rd tri then stop! She said that is fine! But then like I said in my last post, i found on the nhs website that these ones done cause w/s!?
http://medguides.medicines.org.uk/docum ... =pregnancy
Thats the link! All the other anti depressants say may cause w/s but this doesnt which is good! :cheer: Though I will still stop them lol just in case I think??
I was told that you cant take them while breastfeeding? I need to take a couple of pills that stop me from breast feeding but I will see how Iam when that time comes! Im to going to worry about it too much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back