alcohol during pregnancy...

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
Has everyone been tee-total?
I feel a bit bad as i have had a glass of wine every now and then. Not every day, not even every week, just the odd occasion. And only a diddy glass.
I know the goverment guidelines but i also know that there aren't really any studies on small amounts.

I love a glass of wine, rose usually. And i only have it with a meal...
I don't think bubs will have been affected by it. My MIL says she had a glass a day when she was preg with OH and it did her no harm.

Maybe i shouldn't...

What have you all been doing?

i never touched a drop, i was far too scared, dont feel bad though its not like you have being pissing it up in the pub all dy everyday, you have been sensible

I didn't have anything for the first 12 weeks but once I was past that I have been having a glass of wine when ever I have wanted one, but like you it's not every week and not during the week.

Bizzarely though I normally only like red wine but since being pregnant it tastes awful and can only have white, which I normally hate - hopefully I will go back to normal when baby is out.

When I was pregnant with my two girls I had probably a bit more than I do now and they are just fine. I really don't think that a few glasses a week will do the baby any harm.

I didn't touch anything. But you shouldn't feel bad hun, its not like you're drinking large amounts!!

ive been having a drink here and there aswell although in the past couple of weeks i dont really like the taste of anything i drink
manda xx

I've had the odd weak bottle of beer. They keep changing the rules, with my first 2 they said you could have a bit, with this one at the start they said none at all (to stop people getting really drunk while preg) but now they say occasionally is alright so I have the odd one.

I haven't drank any alcohol at all this time, not even at xmas or new year, but that is mainly because I've gone right off it! Very strange for me :shock:

I had the odd drink every now and then when pg with James. I think the guidelines at that time said 2 units a week was ok :think:

I think they changed the guidelines to try and stop the few who think they can save their units up and binge drink. I don't think a glass of wine now and then with a meal is going to hurt.

ive not drunk at all
apart from a few sips of champaygne at out works xmas do
and i felt so worried i didnt get past my 3rd sip
and thats it
im not a wine drinker (to dry)
so ive been t -total through my pregnancy
i only ever drank whe i wnet out and as this was once in a while i really dont miss drink much

one glass of wine once in while is supposed to ok for pregnant women

sarah :wave:

i have not drank since started ttc. however, my view is its down to personal choice if had in moderation. a glass ever now and then should be fine not sure what current recommendations are but u should be able to get them online.

marie x

I have had a half a glass of red wine at New Year. Not touched a drop before or after.

It doesn't sound like you are going crazy and doing any harm to your little one.

I've not drunk any alcohol for about 5 years. And for about 5 years before that I hardly ever drank the stuff. So no hardship for me to not drink during this pregnancy.

i have had 2 glasses of wine (with lemonade) on 2 seperate occasions and i felt so guilty afterwards :oops:

they were small glasses but i swear the next day i felt awful :( i haven't had any since, this was around xmas/new year.

i'm looking forward to a good drink when babies here, but i know for one that i won't be able to drink much and two that i probably won't fancy it when it comes :rotfl: the thought of wine just now is making me feel :puke: i used to LOVE wine with a passion :rotfl:

I haven't drunk at all. But that's just my choice.
My mum thinks I'm being daft - she drank with both me and my brother (not in an alcoholic way, a social way but probably more than a glass of wine every few weeks) and we're both fine. My brother is a doctor and fairly sporty.

ive had 1/2 a guiness at xmas as every1 kept saying it was full of iron but thats all, when i went to hosp last wk they said my iron levels were low so i have a party to go to 2moro night so may treat myself to another half, see how i feel

I've had one tiny glass of white wine but couldn't finish it. I'm not a big drinker really.. I've missed it since becoming pg (more for social reasons) I feel too guilty to have anything, even tho I know a little bit won't hurt LO. I'm sure guideliness don't ban it completely but maybe it's changed!

I dont drink at all, boring old fart that I am :D

Ive been having the odd glass of wine every now and then if I have been eating out. Same with larger, been having the odd glass if I have had a curry.

Didn't have anything in the first 13 weeks and then only really started having the odd glass of wine/beer at Christmas and I was 18/19 weeks by then.

Before the government advised pregnant women not to have any alcohol at all the guidelines used to be something like 1 unit a day or it might have even been 1.5 units a day.

My midwife just told me to stay clear during the first 13 weeks but then if I fancied a drink to have one but to make sure it wasn't excessive and make sure I didn't feel fresh/tiddly/drunk.

in second tri I was having a glass of wine once a week, or wkd or cuban. It all tasted so gross though :puke: Im not sure if its pregnancy or just where Ive stopped smoking and I can actually taste things properly now?! Havent had a drop since crimbo though and cant be bothered now as its all just yuk!

Hi, I have had the odd shandy here and there as I am really more of a beer drinker than wine normally, but not much. I wouldnt worry about the odd glass of wine as I really dont think it is going to have any effect on baby. As long as you dont drink too much in one go, it should be fine as the liver will process it and baby can still get good stuff from the rest of your diet. Esp. rose wine as it is usually weaker isnt it? I am looking forward to having a few beers when I have given birth!!! :D

i havent drunk at all through this pregnancy. I tried having a glass of wine at the pub when i was about 6 weeks preggers (cos i didnt want my mates to know) but i felt awful.....not guilty, just really weird and ill. I had some hot flushes and felt like i was going to pass out, so ive not drunk since then (and i really didnt enjoy it anyway, it tasted weird :puke: )

But when i was preggers with Beth i had the odd bacardi breezer or WKD and i was fine (and so was she :D )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back