Alcohol when breastfeeding

jools221181

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Brody is four weeks old today and after a struggle at the beginning breastfeeding is going great! :cheer:
I just wondered, if I was to have a small glass of wine with my meal later on, when would be the best time to have one (or not have one at all!). Would it be ok to have one straight after feeding him (he usually goes 2-3 hours between feeds)
I know it's only one little glass of wine but I kind of feel guilty as I'm a bit clueless and don't really know if I should have any alcohol while breastfeeding!

It will be fine to have a glass of wine just don't drink it until after his feed so that it will hopefully be a couple of hours before he feeds again. I was told by my H/V not to drink anymore than you would when pregnant but I read up on this and although it is probably best to only have the one only a tiny amount gets in to the milk and the main problem is that it can change the taste of the milk and put the baby off. When I was B/F I had the occasional drink and it didn't affect Jake.

I had the odd glass of wine, with food, after a feed and with plenty of water afterwards. :D

I have had a few glasses of wine while breastfeeding and it hasn't seemed to have affected Logan.

I read somewhere that you can have 1-2 a couple of times a week if you want but that some babies are sensitive and if you have too much it can give them a hangover! :(

ive had wine and a few glassses of beer whilst breastfeeding. its ok to have a couple of glasses but don't go out for a binge drink or anything :lol:

i always drink pleanty of water after each glass though :)

ive had a glass now and then its ok, just drink lots of water after.

Just wanted to say tho, wow hunny 2-3hrs between feeds thats fantastic :D welldone and keep up the good work :hug:

Thanks everyone for your help! :hug:
I didnt end up bothering in the end anyway I'm just too paranoid as it is usually 2-3 hours between feeds but he has recently started feeding more often in the evenings and don't want to risk having a drink then he wants feeding 40 minutes later!
So is 2-3 hours between feeds good? I told you I am clueless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back