air cooler - argos

hayley

Reaction score
has anyone bought or thinking of buying an air cooler?

I've been stressing about the nursery getting warm and the baby not sleeping... last nite our room was awful (althou DH managed to sleep well) if we're having this weather right thou july and august then i'm thinking its going to be too warm for a new born...

argos do an air coller for £44.99... the problem is... is it any good! will it make more noise than it's worth... and will it actually cool the room... for the first few weeks baby will be in our room so if it cools just my side then i'll be made up.. afterwards it can go in the nursery which is a much smaller room.. so should cool it down!

what do you think?

x

i'm using a fan in Kacy room turning it off before we go bed and leaving her window open and keeping her door open and she is sleeping fine and her bedroom gets really warm

i had my first two children in spain and it was very hot. i found a fan worked fine and not putting any clothes on them!!! if you have the spare money you could buy an air cooler but i really do not know if they work!

sarah x

I have an air cooler from B&Q paid about the same for it. Its pretty good on the whole, better than a fan in many ways as you can add water and ice to it and I leave it on all night and have it pointed straight on me.

Ahh you would be talking about the challenge air cooler right?
I have a challenge tower fan from argos and i have never had any problems with it.
We are currently selling them like mad in derby, and i havnt had one come back to me yet..so they cant be bad
:D
I dont much about it myself though as i have never used it.
Hope this helps.

We bought one yesterday Hayley, seems ok, got the ice trays in the freezer to freeze them down. Its abit noisy but more a constant humming/whirring noise. Its got a remote control aswell so no having to jump out of bed to turn it on & off, it also has a timer

Rather than taking time to make ice cubes I have bought some ice packs which I keep in the freezer. I just pop a couple of those in. They tend to last longer than ice cubes and they are reuseable which is great.

thanks girls.. yes it's the argos challenge air cooler... haven't been to pick one up yet but i'm thinking i will....

thanks for the tip with the ice packs - miracle babe

x

NOOOOOOOOOO we must boycott argos they arent giving me maternity pay coz i was in hospital...GRRRRRR

plus my midwife said babys dont feel heat the way we do, they find it hard to maintain body heat and they just need less clothing if its too hot!

We bought one a few weeks ago, not from Argos tho, & to be honest its not that good in Jamie's room. Great if you stand right infront of it but it doesn't really cool the room down. I think the room might be to big for it. Ours is noisey too.

I wish we had invested in an air conditioner, you can get them off Ebay for about a hundred quid more. My Mum has one & its great (actually makes the room cold!!)

Hayley, you seem to have been pregnant forever, are you in a time warp!!!? :lol:

tell me about it.... i feel like i've been pregnant for years! this baby is going to be born with a full set of teeth... only 3 weeks left but i'd pay today to be induced... glad the heat wave has died down... i think i've gone back in time or someone has froze my bloody pregnancy... been the same size too for weeks... begged the midwife to induce me if i get to 40 weeks as she wouldn't even consider it now!

how are things with you and jamie? hows are your bits (sorry - bit personal) but i remeber reading your post and feeling quite sick... you had a bad time and quite a few stitches if i remeber right.

x

I didnt buy an air cooler, we were going to but then I spotted a fan in asda for 8 quid... which works perfectly! :D

yes im with violet on this one.

get a normal fan and freeze a bottle of water in the freezer. plae the bottle of water in front of the fan and put it on full! VOILA! cool air :D

im so full of crap like that but it does work.

Oh Hayley, i do sympathise with you, its not fun towards the end. I would've paid to have had him early but the little bugger was well comfy!!

Both Jamie & I are fine thank you. Jamie is getting so long its silly :lol: he's going to cost us a small fortune in clothes :shock:

My stitches have healed up but its not right down south, feels very odd still,my SPD is still messing me around too which isn't helping matters :( hoping my pelvis goes back to normal soon too. My hips are 4" bigger than before :shock:

Hopefully your little one will arrive early. My Mum said it's due to get warmer towards the end of the week.

Nicki.xxx

If anybody else is thinking of getting an Air Conditioning unit they had them in Dun Elm yesterday for £150 for a 9000 BTU unit! It doesn't feel as well made as the one we bought for £164.99 from B&Q (at least that is what we are consoling ourselves with).

i'm gonna give the fan and the frozen water bottle a try - thanks for that one!

hope the SPD eases up a bit nicki... i didn't realise our hips actually widen.. well i knew they'd never be the same as pre pregnancy but i didn't realise 4" ....

x

it really works hayley!

glad you're gonna try it! :)

hayley said:
i'm gonna give the fan and the frozen water bottle a try - thanks for that one!

hope the SPD eases up a bit nicki... i didn't realise our hips actually widen.. well i knew they'd never be the same as pre pregnancy but i didn't realise 4" ....

x

Thanks babe, it is alot better than it was. I didn't realise til the other day that our rib cage expands too :shock: no wonder I can't fit into any od my clothes!

I didnt think we were meant to use air conditioners in childrens bedrooms as it recycles bugs etc. Sorry just what I heard and dont quote me on it.

nicki - wot are you telling me now!!! that i'm never gonna fit back into my old clothes.. :cry: i bought some realy nice 3/4 length jeans before i found out i was pregnant.. only wore them a few times - was really looking forward to getting back into them! :pray:

wots this about our rib cage!!!! so my fitted shirts aren't going to fit either!!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back