Agnus Castus & Headaches

Emmalina

Reaction score
I started Agnus Castus about two weeks ago now and have had a headache every day since. Not sure if this is just a co incidence but i dont normally suffer from headaches unless i am poorly, due on or hungover! anyone else get the same? xxxx

hey hun
i was on ac a couple of cycles ago and i didnt really have any side effects. my dr tell me to stop taking it tho, i think it was because he wants me to have fertility tests tho

can i ask your background for starting taking it hun?> what are your cycles like? xxxx

I came off the pill last October and have only had 2 periods since :( one at day 47 and the next at day 34. I am now on day 65 and still havent had a period :( i was on cilest for 10 years. i have done a preg test once a week and definitely not pregnant, i get some symptoms of having a period i.e. sore boobs, feeling sick, bloated, cramps and the next morning all gone. so down about it if i am honest, work are starting to notice how quiet i am, just thought starting ac may help but i hate that i have to take anything especially when my friends came off the pill. all had normal periods and the other day were grumbling about their ovulation pain, i could have cried and actually did the next day, they werent to know though. whoa sorry, i have just completely offloaded on you haha xxxx

Hun u carry on thats wot wrr here for. Ur like a mirror image of me....
I came off the pill after 10 yrs (was on yasmin)...my cycles had been 37; 36; 81; 23; & currently on cd 62

I went to drs beginnin of month an he has now referred me for a scan and to a gaenacologist...and he gas sent dh for sperm test which has come vack normal

do u mind me askin how old u r hun? Only that effects how soon they start investigating. It may b an idea goin to see ur gp if nothing else at least ul be on their system as ttc for 6mths with irregular cycles.

Persobally i was glad he told me to stop the ac as tbh i didnt like replacing one pill with another

i can understand ur frustration hun...if u ever wanna chat or vent u can always pm me xxx

I am 28 hun, 29 in October. I went to the doctor about a month back as i was worried about it and she didnt seem concerned, she said it could take a long time to get back to normality but even so, its very frustrating and its really getting me down, i feel 'broken' if that makes sense! I was aware that my cycles might be messed up but this is ridiculous! thank you so much hun and the same applies to you, if you ever need to talk to someone pm me i will be around :) do you have the dates for your scan etc yet? i hope its all positive news xxxx

I came off the pill last October and have only had 2 periods since :( one at day 47 and the next at day 34. I am now on day 65 and still havent had a period :( i was on cilest for 10 years. i have done a preg test once a week and definitely not pregnant, i get some symptoms of having a period i.e. sore boobs, feeling sick, bloated, cramps and the next morning all gone. so down about it if i am honest, work are starting to notice how quiet i am, just thought starting ac may help but i hate that i have to take anything especially when my friends came off the pill. all had normal periods and the other day were grumbling about their ovulation pain, i could have cried and actually did the next day, they werent to know though. whoa sorry, i have just completely offloaded on you haha xxxx

This is like me. I came off my pill late September early October. I had a period in december but wa slike 2 days. Then one in jan and in feb but i never seem to catch when i'm ovulating cos the POAS never works so i'm trying to take AC and i'm on metformin (which i think has helped me a lot). I have ordered a thermometer to check my temperature and test by POAS. My brothers wife was on the rod and took it out and within 1 month she was pregnant.

Hope you get it sorted asap!! x

Thanks hun, horrible isnt it, dont know whether your comin or going its awful!!!!!! xxxx

hey hun, i wood keep on at the drs tbh...my dr tried fobbing me off in october and december.went back march and saw a diff dr and was a completely different story.

itdoes take some women longer to get the pill out of their system tho hunny, but it desnt hurt to keep on at ur dr
im waiting for my scan appt at the moment...hope it hurries up as in alot of pain xxxx

I just hate it, it gets to me sooooooo much. My friends are going to be trying for babies soon as well and i have this fear in my head that they are all going to be pregnant at the same time and i wont be, how am i going to cope with that?! what pains are you having? i hope you get your appointment really soon xxxx

I didn't have periods wen I came off the pill so wen I fell pg I didn't know! Unfortunately I mc & then went 7 months & no periods. I've since had 63 day cycle & 2 40 day cycles & this one looks like its going to be 31 days. I have taken AC this whole time but am not going to take it anymore to see how my cycles go.

I never got any side affects, especially not headaches. If u think it's the AC I wud stop taking them. Gp will tell u it's normal up until no periods for 6 months, so I wud go back once it's been 6 months & tell them you want some bloods doing. If u feel u can't wait that long go back to ure gp & insist they do something now. It's ure body not theirs so don't let them fob u off.

Xx

Last edited:
Thanks Amber, i think i am going to go back to the doctor, its eating me up now and affecting my every day life, sorry to hear you had an mc hun xxxx

If its something that can't wait go back & tell them it's really upsetting you. I did this & the gp gave me some tablets that pll take to delay they period, she gave me it because it creates a bleed once u stop them & she hoped it wud kick start my cycle. It didn't but I felt better for having a bleed as its not healthy not having periods.

After that did nothing I had a blood test to see if that showed anything, it was checking hormones. It showed I cud gave PCOS, had an ultrasound to check & I don't. So I was told its probably just my body getting back to normal after the pill & mc. So she gave me more of those tablets which I really didn't want to take due to bad side affects before.

I ended up charting my temps & I finally got my period!

All I'm saying is af will come eventually wen she's good & ready, but for u to have peace of mind get the gp doing something about it if it's affecting u emotionally as the stress & upset can delay ure cycle even more!

Sorry for the long ramble... Lol

Xx

Thank you so much for that email Amber, it really helps. i am going to get another appointment for the middle of April with the doctor and i wont leave until they hear me out. I am worried about the effects of not having a period and i hate the up and down that goes with it, its driving me crazy which i know isnt helping! i am glad you finally got a period, if that makes sense! haha. never again will i go on the pill, never! xxxx

Your welcome hun, I have every sympathy for u with ure situation. It's easy to understand wen uve been thru the same situation.

So now u have a date to work to, if u can try & relax & not think about it until then. I know it's hard but you will feel better for it & I'm sure u feel better now u have an appointment set.

Good luck & I really hope u get sorted.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back