AGH

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
Evie is weaned.

She will eat anything and everything- including pebbles, babywipes, sock fluff and a page from the argos catalogue... :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have been making her shepherds pie, spag bol, fish fingers, cheesy pasta.... and thats about it. she has her veg and fruit as well of course but I only have 4 meals on rotation :wall: Oh, on a sunday she has a bit of roast chicken and some veg with gravy....

She has cereal for breakfast, a sandwich and yogurt for lunch and then one of my huge variety of dishes for tea!

So far I havent cracked and switched to jars (she doesnt think mch of them anyway :lol: ) so give me some inspiration please! It needs to be cheap and nutrional- and if I will like it too its a bonus! :)

Chicken strips... marinaded in something..?

Assuming you are after food to cook yourself - Soory its abit late for me, and I didnt really know what you were asking for, btu assume you dont want to be eating jarred baby food :rotfl:

What about, chicken, in some sauce with rice!? Chicken/beef stew/casserrole?

Turkey drummers - sure I see somewhere on the tele that there all healthy and good for you now..? What about pasta bakes? can get all sorts of flavers...

chicken and butternut squash risotto - easy peasy and Cally loves it
chicken curry - again easy and once you have bought the spices, its really cheap to make most weeks
lasagne - cheap to make from scratch and you can bulk it up with veg.

I saw loads of books on childrens food recipes in my local library earlier today. Might be worth a look in yours for some inspiration and could photocopy the pages of the good ones. :D

beanie said:
chicken and butternut squash risotto - easy peasy and Cally loves it
chicken curry - again easy and once you have bought the spices, its really cheap to make most weeks
lasagne - cheap to make from scratch and you can bulk it up with veg.

can they be frozen? x

Angel loves Tuna and Sweetcorn lasagne!
I made it for my OH coz i don't eat fish, so Angel had it too and they both loved it! I froze half for another meal.

Fish Goujons and potato wedges. Dead easy to make and cheap as chips.

I used Coley fillets which is way cheaper than haddock or cod but just as tasty and not a strong fish either (cost me £2.08p for 480g and fed me and hubby and Maia).

Serves 2
450g white fish fillets boned and skinned
2 slices of bread or packet of breadcrumbs
1 lemon
1 baking potato
1 egg (beaten)

Cut the potato into wedges, add to roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil, shake so all coated and bake in oven at 190oc for approx 35-40 mins
Meanwhile Cut fish into goujons
Grate rind from lemon
If using sliced bread whizz up in a blender to make crumbs.
Add lemon to breadcrumbs and mix well
Dip the fish piece into the egg then roll into the breadcrumbs, set onto a baking tray
When finished spray with olive oil and add to oven 10 minutes before wedges are ready to come out.

Bon appetite

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back