After the birth the effects on your body?

I am only just still bleeding three weeks later but I had heavy bleeding for over a week, changing a pad every 60-90 minutes or so.

As for sex, it'll be a while yet :rotfl: but I am pleased to report my libido HAS come back and I finally fancy my husband again after 9 months :rotfl:

Thank you everyone for your comments and experiances it has helps me to see more clearly what may happen to me.
i will be investing a a few more packs of pads.

sarah :wave:

i bled for maybe two weeks, and all but the first few days (when the afterpains for me were horrendus), i bought two packs of maternity towels, but only used half of one.

it seemed to me that i didn't bleed much when i was walking around, or when i was sitting down. i tended to bleed more when i actually went to the toilet. must be cause i relaxed to pee and so let the blood out? tmi i know sorry - lol

after the first few days i was able to use normal flow pads and i still have that pack and a half left for this baby!

i bled for maybe two weeks, and all but the first few days (when the afterpains for me were horrendus), i bought two packs of maternity towels, but only used half of one.

it seemed to me that i didn't bleed much when i was walking around, or when i was sitting down. i tended to bleed more when i actually went to the toilet. must be cause i relaxed to pee and so let the blood out? tmi i know sorry - lol

after the first few days i was able to use normal flow pads and i still have that pack and a half left for this baby!

I bled for 8 weeks, the first week being the heaviest with clots, then tailing off gradually.
As for sex, I didn't even think about it for 3 months, and even then it was more because I felt guilty depriving OH :lol:

my bleeding has just about stopped now i dont need t use anything,
it was heavy for a few days but then got really light
as for sex we had it after 10 days i couldnt wait anylonger lol after 9 months of next to nothing i was desperate,
dint feel too bad felt a bit slack but hubby said it wasnt to bad either defo a bit looser but he doesnt mind :)
manda xx

I bled for about 4 weeks- heavy at first and then quite light. I liked using the thick maternity pads for the first week as they were more comfortable and much softer than the slim pads I would normally use. I felt I needed a little more comfort in those early weeks!

As for sex- my OH and I had sex after about 4 weeks and it was a bit sore even though I only had a slight graze- lubrication helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back