after giving birth.......

I was almost two weeks before I went out. I had an episiotomy and every time I tried to stand up straight it caused me a great deal of pain. My bleeding wasn't that bad. It was only heavy for a few days and then it stopped by the second week. I was very emotional in the first few weeks though and I really just wanted to stay curled up indoors anyway!

I could have gone out the day after I had Kathryn as I escaped with virtually no bruising and no tears- however, even though I felt great and went for a 3-4 mile walk on day 3 it was too much for my body and I became quite uncomfortable just walking towards the end of the walk- like my pelvic floor was struggling to stay in place, so I would exercise caution even if you feel ok in the first week.

I had a 'normal' delivery with a second degree tear.

I found it quite difficult and painful to walk around the hospital for a couple of days but after that the swelling went down quickly and I was much better. I had no pain at all from the stitches after about 10 days.

I was out with the baby in her pram at 5 days round the village and that was fine.

As for the bleeding, MEGAHEAVY for about 5 days, then like Day 3/4 of my period for the next 2 weeks... it seems to be finally getting very light now so I'm hoping it'll stop soon!!

The most painful thing after the birth for me was when my milk came in. My boobs went up three cup sizes and I got mastitis :cry:

Im still really sore now, stinging when i have a wee, have stopped bleeding though, i asked the midwife to check me out and she said that there was a slight graze, whereas at the hospital they said there was no grazing or tears!!

Ive been out 3 times since ive had Caitlyn, none have been too exhausting a trips, i dnt feel like i have it in me!

You'll be fine tho, ya just plod on and i keep comparing the pain im in now to when i was in labour and it makes me think im being a "wuss" lol

xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back