Afraid to do things alone

moss

Reaction score
I know this will sound completely pathetic, but I haven't been alone at all since I became pregnant. Shaun and I do almost everything together, but when I was out without him, I always had Jacob with me and was conscious of not being alone, even if I couldn't see Jacob. Now, since he was born the closest I have been to being alone is taking two naps in the bedroom while Shaun and Jacob were in the living room. Even that felt strange and a little lonely. Soon I will have to go to practicals on my own, meaning I will walk to and from them and be alone for the hour or so that takes. It doesn't sound like much but I am a little scared. I don't want to be separated from Jacob, and I don't want to be alone. Am I weird for feeling like this?

:hug: Na I'm the same! The other day was the first time I went out the house with Ivy alone down town and it was really scary. People staring loads and making comments,,,all nice ones but still when your shy it makes you feel so awkward because you just go red and dont know what to say back or if you should acknowledge your being spoken about. I have always not liked being out on my own but It feels like the rest of me is missing IYKWIM. I really miss my OH and her I was out the house for a hour and I had to call to speak to Anthony because I missed him and her so much. I know shes safe and stuff but I do miss her so much.

Absolutely not. I hated any time away from Angel in the beginning. It's not too bad now but it's still incredibly strong. I felt it was my duty to protect her so if i'm napping alone i wasn't looking after her, if you know what i mean.

I still struggle leaving her now. It's not easy to anyway as i'm breastfeeding but i nipped to the supermarket the other day without her and i called OH while i was there. I was having visions of having a car accident and them not knowing for ages and my baby needing me.

I know it sounds ridiculous but i cannot help it!

Not weird at all, Alex took Lucy out to his Mum's so I could get an hour or two of sleep one evening. I hated it, I worried about her even though she was with her Dad and Grandma who love her and care for her, you know?

Its like attachement parenting. I'm very much like this now. I feel quite lost and naked when I don't have lil miss near by... Its why I breastfeed and sling her because I get to be even closer to her. There are times I feel the need to be alone, but I can't imagine being far from lil miss... Working is a real wrench... but you get over it.. I was the same with Tia but as she got older and went to school it got easier... but if shes away for a long time (she went to my uncles funeral last month and was gone for 5 days) I really really miss her. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back