Afraid of my husbands reaction to my pregnancy...

JD.Deedee you're a nasty piece of work- i hope your pleased with yourself ... constantly putting people down and being rude. Quite clearly you need a hobby or a friend. I imagine with your personality friends arent easy to keep!

I'm not even going to justify myself, I've made an assumption from the OP and gave my opinion about it. Yes I'm blunt and apparently that's presumed rude by some here. Get over yourself, I've not called the OP anything and I'm now not the one calling others nasty and making assumptions about whom they are personally.

I was going to let this go but you've just started on my forum friend and there's absolutely no need for it whatsoever - JD you are consistently rude and comment on literally every thread with judgemental and opinionated, provoking answers which are so unneccesary. Kumber is certainly not a know it all and has never once came across as anything of the sort, she is supportive and kind to everyone, something you obviously know nothing about. So you can do one and go be obnoxious somewhere else where people might actually care since you seem to have a better 'native' forum anyway whatever the heck that even means.

Have you told your husband yet?
If not I agree with others that the sooner you tell him the better; I hope he takes the news well. Just remember it will probably be a shock so give him time to come to terms

Claire doll your reaction just shows how many messages you've read of me and what you know about me. That I had a go at kumber is probably because she's done my box in, in the past suggesting it could be reflux on many topics where I find a lot of other things have to be ruled out too and to highlight the fact that that can be checked. But that's going way too off topic and the fact that people come on this topic just to have a go at me says a hell of a lot more about you than about me. The OP is probably not even going to come back and I highly doubt that's because of me because people can choose to ignore my opinion or like I have done with kumber just put her in my ignore list to avoid future frustration. I was merely making a comparison on how people react to such assumption that OP planned to get pregnant without her husband on board rather than saying that the forum is more fabulous.. which is what you amongst others seem to make it out of it, like making assumptions who I am as a person.. I'm just coming back here to defend myself, don't even know why because how you'd feel about me and my opinion I really couldn't care less and like I say if it bothers you that much feel free to put me in your ignore list so you don't see any of my future messages.

Hope you come back sunshine, please do ignore the horriness that's been escalated. It's normally a very nice forum!

How did it go telling your husband? I would think its best to do it as early on as possible so he has longer to get used to the idea

OK. Jd. I think your initial post was very opinionated and judgemental and you've been very racist in saying UK people are known to trap men when I don't think that's different in any country!

My friend fell pregnant when on the pill and using a condom so things can happen. But that aside. It's a shock. I freely hold my hands up and say I wanted a baby for much longer an much more desperately than my husband. He knows I can't I have the pill and didn't like condoms it was all out n the open. I said balls in your court you know how I feel so we used withdrawal very effectively for a long time. When he felt ready wemail created the babies we have. With this one I said I was feeling poorly and he suggested a test. And now I'm half way to meeting our new daughter. Aa long as people are open and honest.. people's opinions and methods and in fact how they live their lives is of no concern to anyone as long as no one is being hurt in the process. We're all adults and know how babies are created to say men can't be trusted or are dumb with contraception and therefore not blamed if they don't use contraception is an outdated and highly sexist opinion. And if he's that against it he should have taken steps. It not just the woman's responsibility. (And for the record my friend ha's just been tricked into getting pregnant by her bf who said he'd had the snip when he hadn't sadly she lost the baby and then he dumped her so it's not just women who play the trapping game)

That aside. Being open and honest is the best policy for telling your husband. I hope he takes it well. With our first very planned child hubby got a nose bleed and took him a long time to get over the shock. (We were told it usually takes up to a year which would have been perfect.... so 3 months into trying was an unexpected surprise! )

Last edited:
I never even said that!!! I just pointed out that someone in my family here in the U.K. Has done so which has absolutely got jack shit to do with racism.. don't twist my words thank you very much!! And to highlight it again I was just pointing out the mere difference on how the subject was approached by two different forums, one being in my language from where I grew up.

Of course it takes two to tango but it also takes two people in having a say in it, as in whether they want a baby and unfortunately if the man doesn't end up wanting the baby very sad but it does happen all around the world sometimes they do leave.

Sorry I can't exactly help that every and any thread I read, your name constantly appears on it! Don't flatter yourself darling. What says a lot about you is the fact you feel the need to be high and mighty and horrible to everyone and can't seem to see the wood for the trees that everyone is telling you the same thing, but no we are all the ones with the issue?! Thanks ever so much for informing me there is such a thing as an 'ignore' list though, I wasn't aware and will certainly be adding your name to it.

I was just pointing out the mere difference on how the subject was approached by two different forums, one being in my language from where I grew up.

I am just being nosey now- where did you grow up? Sorry, I know it has nothing to do with the thread but it intrigues me now it has been mentioned! Not that you have to tell me, I just like hearing about different backgrounds

I'm not wanting to get embroiled in an argument as I love this forum but I think it's a little unfair to assume she got pregnant intentionally. I really want a new car but that doesn't mean I'm going to go and buy one behind my husband's back :) She's not given full details about their method of contraception but it certainly isn't her sole responsibility. Men know how these things work too! All the best to the OP whatever the circumstances.

I think the fact none of the "uk"ers approached the situation with the accusation that she intentionally trapped someone shows that until you mentioned it it didn't even cross our minds we just saw "how do I tell my husband that I'm pregnant" not "how do I admit I've tricked my husband into having a child?"
I'm sorry your friend got trapped or tricked but you can't tar every "uk" woman with the same brush.

Stop reacting to each others' posts and let it go. It's already dragged too far from the OPs original post and you're clearly not going to come to an agreement here. Unfortunately the internet is full of people we disagree with and we'd waste a hell of a lot of our lives if we engaged with all of them.

Sunshine please let us know how it went. No matter the circumstances leading to your situation, I hope you have a result that is happy for all.

jD I've literally stumbled on this and I am absolutely horrified you'd basically just got well you trapped him. No one is over reacting it's a shocking thing to say to someone. Sunshine doesn't need this she asked for advice on how to tell her partner not to be accused of getting pregnant behind his back..

Sunshine Hunny tell him as soon as you can and do it when you feel it feels right I hope all is okay xxx

I never got pregnant on the pill in the entire 10 years I've had it! So that chance is really small when you take it properly if I'm honest i meant by trapping of not having him on board 100% and ttc without his knowledge as that is what I can make up from OP.. it's sad how the uk users have such a different opinion than the users from the forum I use in my native language.. whom all seem to feel it's out of order!
I got caught with my eldest daughter on the pill! Some people are different sometimes the pill for some just doesn't agree with them

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

No birth control is 100% effective. Period. The only thing 100% effective is abstinence. :) I've heard of women getting pregnant while on all kinds of birth control. Any time you sleep with someone there's the chance a pregnancy can occur. Period.

And Sunshine don't worry about your husband, I'm sure he'll come to love the baby once the baby is born if not before. I saw an episode of I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant where the woman was adamant that she did not want kids. She was on birth control trying to make sure she didn't get pregnant. One day , she felt pregnancy symptoms, and she took urine pregnancy tests months apart and they all said negative, she even went to doctor to take a blood pregnancy test after a few months when symptoms were still there, it said negative. So she thought she wasn't pregnant, then one day a few months later she went into labor. When she realized she was in labor she said she was going to put the child up for adoption, but once the baby was born and she looked at her face, she fell in love and could not give her up. So someone who thinks they absolutely do not want kids can change once that baby is born. :) Nothing is 100% guaranteed except abstinence and even that failed 1 time in the Bible. LOL! :lol:

Dying at the last sentence Papermoon !!!!!! Haha!!!!

I guess we might never know the outcome of this. I hope she has been able to tell him and find away forward

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back