AFP and Downs

mummy_ov_2

Reaction score
Some of you might remember me posting a couple of weeks ago about how long it takes for the results to come back.

i had them taken on 12th october, ive rang the drs twice now but they say the last ones they have on record are september which would be my booking in bloods. the lady on the phone said to mention it to the midwife next time i see her but that wont be til janurary, i havent even made the appointment yet cuz when i was at my last appointment i couldnt book cuz the system only goes so many weeks ahead and it would have been to early.

what should i do

sorry for the waffling

hope everyone is ok

Hi im sure you would have heard by now if it was bad news, i was told id get a letter if it was bad news and would get results at next midwife appointment if all was well, i got a letter 5 days after my bloods telling me i was high risk for downs.

same as sara said, im sure they would have wrote to you by now if there was anything to worry about

I rang up the surgery for my results as well but was told to speak to the midwife. I didnt have an appointmemnt with her for ages away...

anyway about 2 days later I got a letter from the hospital telling me I was low risk. I'm sure if there was a problem your midwife would have rang you or came round to your house

It took just over a week for me to get a letter directly from my hospital telling me I was low risk........all the other blood test results came back much later and went directly to my MW, and I finally got them at about week 25!! To be honest the only one I was really worried about was the Downs as Im 34!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back