advise needed

nilka35

Reaction score
Hi my name is nicola
I'm new to this page me and my partner will be on our 4th cycle of ttc now this month's af has arrived so a lot of this is new to me
3 years ago I was diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma but I'm in remission now and Dr's told me it shouldn't affect chances of conceiving but I want to give myself the best chance any tips welcome
I'm planning on temping this month is there a better time of day to do this? I have a app on phone for ov but not sure how accurate this would be my cycles are always 28/29 days.
Also was told about pregnancy care that you can take how do you rate this?
Thank you any help is appreciated

Hi Nicola, I am a Nicola, Nicky or nic too! The SMEP plan is good, I see you joined that thread. It worked for me 14 months ago I have a beautiful daughter after 10years of being told no it wouldn't happen. I also have two daughters in their 20s but had longed for more.
Sorry to hear you have had such a tough time but glad your here , there are loads of lovely ladies to chat to and get advice. I have tried temping but it wasn't for me. I think ovulation sticks and the SMEP plan are great. Also good multivitamins for you and your other half . I also took evening Primrose oil the cycle I conceived.

With temping you need a digital thermometer to 2 demical places (really cheap to order on Ebay) and then to take your temp the same time as soon as you wake up every morning. I found that it ony really worked when taking my temp vaginally as there was too much fluctuation on my oral temp due to air temperature etc. A significant temp shift will then confirm ovulation and an app will identify this for if you record your temp each morning, I found Fertility Friend the best. You can do ovulation tests alongside this, whereby you start testing in the afternoon from about day 8 of your cycle and should get a positive test around day 14. But be aware that some people's surges are really short so if the test is starting to darken you may need to test another few times that evening to catch the positive! Again, ovulation tests are really cheap on Ebay. Good luck xx

Thank you ladies I will be reading up tonight I do have a really good digital thermometer as I need one for when I get ill so I may give it a go ..the ovulation kits I've heard that you can't pee for 4 hours before you do the test and shouldn't do it in the morning when you wake up and I pee all the time so worry I won't get a proper result �� x

I wouldn't worry too much about the peeing thing, as long as you do them enough around ovulation time I'm sure you'll catch your surge and it is good to know exactly when you're ovulating xx

Thank you I have been online and brought some ov kits and pregnacare for me and the oh x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back