Stringy??

Jessywoohoo

Reaction score
Hey, I hope someone can help me, I'm new to this as only started ttc last two months. But what does stringy sort of see through mucousy discharge mean? Ovulation? Any help would be very much appreciated!! :)

I got it for first time yesterday. I stuck tip of 2 fingers in and touched my cervix. Then pulled my fingers out and separated them slowly. I could see a "string" going between my fingers. I assume that is what they mean! Mine was still quite white too

Sorry just re read your post. Yep thats your most fertile mucus and what usually happens before ovulation.

Oooooo most fertile? Well oh been home this weekend from navy so fingers crossed the timing was right!! I'm trying not to get too het up on things but it's very hard not to! Have no idea when I ovulate or when af is due so keeping my eyes out for any signs of anything! Fingers crossed I have ovulated then!! Do you do anything else other than looking at cervical mucous? Xx

hey hun ur cm sounds very good for ovulation :)

other ways of tracking ovulation is temping, and opks

xxx

I find it's like the egg white before you cook it, especially when you empty the egg and there's that last glob of egg white that won't let go of the shell!

I've only just started to track ovulation, but I used the cheapo pee sticks from Amazon - about £5 for 30 last month. When I was sure it was nearly time (I've got a predictor app on my phone) I used the Clearblue digital tests too. Confusingly, the cheapo ones gave me a different LH surge day to the digital ones, but I'm going to keep testing for the next couple of months.

These tests only show that you're about to ovulate - great for predicting when to get busy, but they don't tell if you HAVE ovulated. Apparently taking your temperature every morning will show that. I haven't started that yet, trying from next AF.

Tip the nurse in the fertility clinic gave me: when you wipe it onto tissue then put it between your index finger and thumb if it stretchs at least 1" and as others have said its clear like egg white then you've deffo ovulated.
She also said when you wipe your self from front to back and it just glides as if you've oil or cream down there is another sign.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back