Advise needed-exceptional circumstances???

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I really need some help/advice!

I have applied for a course (and had to sit a horrible exam) that I have wanted to do for ages, however my husband and I have also decided now would be the perfect time to start trying for a baby, as we know it can take a while. The results come out in a few months, but we both want to start trying now.

The problem is, this course is really hard to get on, and if im offered a place it would be so stupid to turn down and they say you cannot defer your place, except in exceptional circumstances. If I got in and was able to defer and start next yr that would be great but do you think being pregnant would be classed as an exceptional circumstance?

I know this is a strange thing to ask but Im so confused!!

xxxx

I hope you will get in to it.
All the best for it.
Dont worry it wont be classed as an exceptional circumstance...

Hi There

I would say start trying if you are ready; if it did happen straight away I am sure being pregnant would be an exceptional circumstance and they would be able to defer it.

Only you can know what's best to do though.

God luck :hug:

hiya and welcome. your age would make a difference as well, how long is the course? can you afford it? could you do it with a baby? things like that you need to ask.

what course is it by the way?

good luck xxxx

Thanks for your help so far and hello to you all!!

The course is a to train to be a solicitor. Its so hard to get in and if you get in and they dont allow you to defer its just like starting all over again with exams and things. But they said you will only be allowed to defer in exceptional circumstances and if I was able to get pregnant it would be a load off my mind that my place would be there.

The course is for 2 yrs, but the 2nd yr is just like working full time. I could do the course once I had a baby but doubt it would be able to be done whilst I was pregnant if that makes sense with due dates etc.

We can afford to have a baby now, and we are ready, we just dont want to miss out on this career opportunity as it would help or family in the long run

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back