advice please

lizylou

Reaction score
Hi,

I am seeking some general advice

I am thinking that I may well not be pregnant but my period is usually like clock work, I tend to have it between the 1st and 3rd of every month

I am now on the 6th and still no signs

I did however have the bloated feeling and thought I would try a test (cheap one) after my first day late but it came back negative

I have also had real tiredness problems over the last 2 days falling asleep mid afternoon and needing or feeling like I need more than my usual sleep
Can someone help and let me know if I should leave testing again for a little longer or just wait for signs of my period
Many thanks all

Grab some more cheapies and maybe test at different times of the day. Not everyone shows up in the morning.

Good luck hunny xxxxxxxxx

hey how many dpo were u when u tested?
i agree just keep testing. ur not out until wicked witch rears her minging head ;) xxx

thanks for your responses

I am 4 days late from my period will be 5 tomorrow

I was only 1 day over when i tested as i say normally i have my period between 1st and 3rd so way too early really

I might give it a couple of days then test again, it just seems strange as I'm like clock work normally

fingers crossed but dont want to excite myself too much as it might make the wicked witch rear her head even later and disapoint me even more.

I have been feeling some sysptoms or period / pregnancy a new one for me this month is tiredness, falling asleep this weekend in the mid afternoon, not like me at all :oooo:

oh forgot to add, dont know if this is a sign or not never heard of it but i had beans on toast earlier and ended up chucking half my tin of beans beacuse it tasted like tin, i even checked the rest of the tins dates in the cupboard just incase lol i only brought them last week

Last edited:
metalic taste - like tin - a very good sign - good luck!!

well ladies,

no sign of my period today either, I have been and purchased 2 clearblue tests this evening and will test first thing in the morning, if not pregnant going to see my doctor on friday

fingers crossed :)

well temptation got the better of me
used one and it said not pegnant :cry:
is it worth doing the other tomorrow?

Hi i had 2 really really feint positives which I almost passed as negatives, before I waited a few more days and got my bfp. I'd say if ur 5 days late tomoz then it should show up in the morning. I used early detection tests which pick up the hormones earlier than usual tests. The clear blue I did was the feintest line ever, so I'd say do it in the morning and have a good look at the lines as soon as the time is up for the test to be ready. If u still don't see anything then wait a couple of days and use a different test too x heard lots of ppl getting negatives with certain tests but then a positive with another brand xxx good luck :) xxxx

yeh i agree....do the test usng fmu (first morning urine) as its more concentrated, and different hpt's have different sensitivities, so some pick it up later thn other xx

well FMU didnt work either

It says im not pregnant its the clear blue digitail that tells you weeks etc

Maybe there is just something up with me, I should be able to test positve by now shouldnt i?

gutted.... never mind

Aw hun I had this exactly, oh got fed up of me testing and getting upset so made me wait a whole week! Was hardest thing ever, but was worth it, to get a bfp that said pregnant 3+
Good luck :)

Are you on the pill?

Id say buy a load of cheap ones and keep testing. The digital ones arent the most sensitive, even tho it's a good brand it's not a sensitive as some cheaper ones out there. I used some from willows which were called early detection and they were about £4. I got really feint lines with them, almost classed it as a negative. Maybe try those although I can't for the life of me remember the actual name of the brand.

And just keep testing in the morning, you'll either get a positive or a period :( xxx

thanks for your replies

I have spoken with my GP today and he said your only a week late and even the early detection preg tests might not show up yet, he said wait another week and test again if still negative wait another week and test again, and if a month goes by then i will have to have a scan

so another week wait and like you say it will either be test again or my period might come first

from your earlier post i'm not on the pill havent been since feb this year :)

so guess fingers crossed will keep you updated :)

thanks for all your advice and help x

My sister got bfn's for 5 months lol, just over 3 months later out popped my nephew. Your doc is right but should refer you for blood tests if still getting negatives with urine.

Good luck hun xxxxxxxx

well 1 week late today... no sign of the wicked witch yet ladies :)

it might still be too early too test. wait a few days and try a first responce test. ladies on here tend to do very well with this brand xx

thanks for the info x
its just a right killer to have to wait, never knowing whats going to come first

i think ill just do what the doctor says and give it another week and if the witch hasnt made an appearance by then ill test again with a different brand not the clearblue digi I have read alot of mixed opinions on them really

its going to be a loooooonnnnngggg week xx

Last edited:
thanks for your replies

I have spoken with my GP today and he said your only a week late and even the early detection preg tests might not show up yet, he said wait another week and test again if still negative wait another week and test again, and if a month goes by then i will have to have a scan

so another week wait and like you say it will either be test again or my period might come first

from your earlier post i'm not on the pill havent been since feb this year :)

so guess fingers crossed will keep you updated :)

thanks for all your advice and help x

Hey, Lizylou...

I am in exactly the same boat as you... I am about a week late now..and I took two C/B digital tests... and both came up Negative...

I am going to buy a cheap preg test (as alot of girls recommend it on here) and test again at the weekend.

Theres no sign of my Af and usually I do get the feelings in my legs when Im about to come on, but nothing.

I really hope you get your BFP... =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back